Chance Me: Texas A&M for Human Resources in Education College [AR resident, 3.93 GPA, 28 ACT, no rank]

Would like to know the chance of getting into A&M in the Education College with the following credentials. Thank you!

OOS - Arkansas
Private HS
Female/Caucasian
Legacy

Major: Resources Development

*GPA, Rank, and Test Scores
3.93 unweighted
4.7 weighted
School doesn’t rank - estimated top 15%
ACT 28 (English 31, Math 28, Reading 27, Science 27)
Taking SAT in August

Coursework
AP Coursework (Human Geo, World History, Lang, Psychology, Calc AB)
Dual English Comp
4 years of Spanish

Awards
President’s Service Award
3x Individual Arkansas State Champion in sport
Departmental Honors
National Honor Society
Kanakuk I’m Third Award, All-around Kamper Award

Extracurriculars
National Charity League Service Organization
Jobs: Lifeguarding, Retail
Club Sport (year-round)

In addition: 250 community service hours

A&M doesn’t even mark legacy in the Common Data Set - no X anywhere but I found an article that says it was abolished in 2004 - so I’m assuming it doesn’t matter. I found another third party (current) which says the same. Interesting as their alumni is as strong as any - in my opinion.

I suspect you have a chance but I wouldn’t call it a safety. If you look at the demographics for A&M, in Fall of 22 4,475 came from OOS where as 58,793 came in state and 5,193 from outside the country.

Your stats are there but outside of a Texas resident ranked in the top 10%, it’s too hard to know. And clearly they overwhelmingly cater to in-state students although I could not find an admit rate by geography.

Make sure you have other schools that you know you can get into.

Best of luck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.