In general:

UC weighted GPA: 3.76
School GPA: 3.56
SAT: 1540
PSAT: Index 223, currently NMST semifinalist
AP Chemistry: 5
SAT Subject Chemistry: 800
Current AP classes: AP Biology, AP ENglish, AP Calc AB, AP Enviromental Science

I took 4 courses in the CTY (Center for Talented Youth) program at John Hopkins University (Precalc Honors, AP Chem, AP Comp Sci, AP Physics) on-line and got all A’s

I took honors classes for all of my junior high and high school years. I got some B’s in Band (who would get a B in Band ?) amd Spanish so my grades are affected. Also, my 10th grade Honors are not weighted, so it affected my overall GPA

For EC, I did marching band for all 4 years, ran casually in XC, and volunteered at a few places but I spent a lot of weekends working for actual money to help my own family.

I want very much to be a doctor so I will apply for Biochem major. I know it’s a very competitive field. Some people on a different thread asked me to consider OOS schools but I really want to stay in CA, with the forest fires, earthquakes and all.
(sorry it is my sarcastic father who says that. I stay for the milk teas and tacos)
Thanks in advance

UCR and UCM will probably take you. The others are pretty unlikely. For Bio - CP Pomona, SDSU and CSULB are all excellent schools and they would be happy to have you.

Good luck

Target schools: UCSC, UCR and UCM. Chemistry possibly at Cal Poly SLO (Biochem acceptance rate 11%, Biology 10% and Chem 47%). SDSU, CSULB, CSUF, CPP and SJSU are solid Match schools.

Best of luck.

MODERATOR’S NOTE:
Closing thread. Parent and child appear to be sharing the account, which is not allowed. The kid needs to open his/her own account to ask questions.