Chance me UCLA UCB

The UC’s consider 3 UC GPA’s and here is the calculator. Please repost your numbers: GPA Calculator for the University of California – RogerHub

UCB is on the only school that will consider LOR’s if invited to submit and the UC’s are test blind.

For UCB and UCLA, CS will be a Reach. You are looking a 3-5% acceptance rates for CS at the top UC’s. Since CS is impacted at all the UC’s, many 4.0+ students have been waitlisted or denied at many of the UC’s, the past few years.

Target schools for CS in California where you would have a solid chance for acceptance are UC Santa Cruz, UC Riverside, Santa Clara, San Diego State, CSU Long Beach, Chapman University to name a few. UC’s like UC Davis, Irvine, Santa Barbara are no longer target schools for CS due to popularity and impaction.

CS is a very marketable degree so any solid CS program will have a good career outcome. You do not need a prestigious name on your diploma for CS to do well. You will need to apply widely and consider some OOS schools depending upon your budget which appears pretty good.

Some OOS suggestions for a Safety/Likely are University of Arizona, Arizona State, University of Utah, Alabama.

I suggest you start at the bottom and identify at least 2 safety schools where you would be willing to attend no matter what. They can be your local Cal state or if you are the top 9% HS student (ELC eligible) UC Merced or some of the OOS schools if you are NMF.

From there, you can then consider some Target/Match schools which would include several of the UC’s then finally throw in some Reach schools. Since you want to play up your application strengths, you should apply to schools that accept Test scores and LOR’s which are usually private schools vs. the UC’s and Cal States.

I also suggest you read through some school discussion threads and see the qualifications of many of the CS applicants, what their outcome was during this admissions cycle and look at where they ended up enrolling.

Best of luck.