<p>UW GPA: 3.82
Freshman GPA - 3.89
Sophomore GPA - 3.96
Junior GPA - 3.6</p>

<p>W GPA: 4.4
Class rank: 10/371
ACT: 27 (am retaking in September, but not sure it will go up a ton)</p>

<p>6 APs:
European History (3), Biology (3), US Government and Politics (3), Psychology (5), Human Geography (4), English Language and Composition (5). Will take Literature, Microeconomics, and Environmental Science next year.</p>

<p>Will have gone through the highest level of foreign language (6 years of Spanish).</p>

<p>School doesn't offer many honors classes, but I have taken Honors English 9 & 10, Honors Spanish 5 and Honors American History.</p>

<p>Sports:
- Varsity tennis team since junior year (JV sophomore year) with all conference honors</p>

<p>ECs:
- HOSA since freshman year. Leadership team member since junior year.
- Key Club since freshman year. Served as committee head for several committees as well as about 35 hours of service per year.
- Link Crew. Link leader since junior year, program coordinator senior year.
- National Honor Society since sophomore year.
- Forensics all four years. State qualifier all four years - earned a silver medal freshman year, gold sophomore, and bronze </p>

<p>Volunteer
- Volunteer at hospital since sophomore year.
- Volunteer at museum since freshman year, which lead into a paying job this summer.
- See Key Club above</p>

<p>Summer:
- Medical Mentoring, a program where you are paired with a "mentor" in the medical community and shadow throughout the summer</p>

<p>Ouch- the drop in grades last year. It doesn’t matter if they were AP classes, many students will do well taking those. You should be able to get good grades in any class. Be sure to study hard this fall to bring up your grades.</p>

<p>Yeah, that is my concern…</p>

<p>Anyone else?</p>

<p>The middle 50th percentile range for ACT of admitted students is 27-31. Do your best to improve the 27.</p>

<p>If I got it up to say, a 29, would I have a better chance?</p>

<p>Any better score would make your chances better. For in-state, it’s a little easier to have a little lower ACT, I was accepted from a rural area with a 25 a few years ago, there were 7-10 total accepted from my high school with 24-29 on the ACT. </p>

<p>You need to show you are willing to work hard enough to get better grades. A high ACT and middling grades shows you may not have the study habits to succeed at UW. They should not admit you only to have you fail. This is why the drop in gpa matters- either you quit working as hard or the material has become more difficult for you. Typically UW students find they have to work harder than in HS and even straight A students are unlikely to repeat that in college. Your fall semester of senior year needs to show you are capable of handling the workload and learning enough to get top grades. You may have to do extra work to make up for any deficits from last year. This means learning the material you didn’t learn well enough to ace courses. The top students have the advantage of building on a larger knowledge and skills base. Become an overachiever your senior year. Even if you do not attend UW wherever you do go to college you will have a better knowledge and skills base. Analyze where your grades came from and shore up weaknesses.</p>

<p>Your chances are not just your stats. How you study, how much you learn, are your best chances for success anywhere. Do it for YOU, not admissions.</p>

<p>get your act up around 30. then you will be fine. the previous poster has some good points. but as for as admissions go, you will be ok with a better act. but if you do get to Madison, you should expect to work very hard.</p>