Chances at UCLA or UC Berkeley

hi, i am a junior with around 4.1W weighted GPA, 3.5 UW, 1440 SAT on the new one, and i have a long list of volunteering (around 200 hours), internships including one at johns hopkins hospital, and a long list of helping community members. what are my chances? I am also Vice President of my grade, served multiple years in student government, future business leaders of America reginoal and county champion, state finalist. 4 years of lacrosse in high school, in national honors society, 6 AP classes in high school. Also an officer of 3 clubs, and a minority. i know these schools generally accept basically anyone with a 4.2 GPA and a 1400 SAT or higher, but I’m coming from I currently live in MD. Do i have a good chance?

Those schools receive over 100K applications, so, consider the following:

1.) Your unweighted GPA is weak for those schools.

2.) Can you meet the A-G requirements? The Visual and performing arts requirement, of 1 year, usually trips up OOS applicants.

3.) The UC’s are California public universities and prioritize in-state residents since the schools are supported by California taxpayers. Can your parents afford the full fees because there is no financial aid for OOS residents? $60K per year.

4.) Additionally, California public schools do not use affirmative action to admit students by race; it is against the law in California.

As a current UCLA student, I can honestly say that your extracurriculars are pretty strong. Unfortunately, UCLA and UC Berkeley both focus a lot more on the statistics (GPA, SAT, etc.) than other schools. It seems that your UW GPA is kinda low; however, your SAT is proficient. Make sure to finish your A-G requirements that’s so key. Best of luck to you!

okay thank you