Chances for Admission and Financial Aid at George Washington

Hello Everyone!

I am applying regular decision to George Washington Elliott School of International Affairs. Please chance me on whether or not I will get admitted, and if I will receive any money. I doubt I will qualify for very much need-based aid.

Also, GW is test optional. Would including my SAT score help or hurt my chances of admission and financial aid?

Intended Major: International Politics (Georgetown) or International Politics (every other school)
Class rank: 24/457
Unweighted GPA: 3.91
Weighted GPA: 4.91.
SAT: 1410
ACT: 28 (super score of 30)

AP Classes
Sophomore Year - Psychology
Junior Year - US Government (0.5 credit), Comparative Government (0.5 credit), Environmental Science, US History, English
Language and Composition
Senior Year - Chinese, Microeconomics (0.5 credit), Macroeconomics (0.5 credit), European History, Calculus AB, Computer
Science A, English Literature and Composition

Leadership
-Elected President of National Honor Society (over 150 members)
-Co-President of the Habitat for Humanity Club
-Co-President of the Chinese Club
-Historian of my City Council’s youth council which consists of representatives from each school
-Committee Chair in my state’s Youth and Government
-Coached a YMCA youth basketball team
-I organized a dodgeball tournament for Habitat for Humanity where we raised over $1,100. Freshman year I organized a Student vs Faculty basketball game for the World Wildlife Fund and we raised about $800.

Other Activities
-Started a website where high school and college students representing all political beliefs can apply to write articles. Currently, we have over 60 contributors in over 20 states and 3 countries, including a student at George Washington.
-Cross country in the fall, track in the spring since sophomore year
-Golf and soccer team during freshman year

Work Experience
-Summer intern (unpaid) at my US Senator’s local office and my US Congressperson’s local office
-1-week program with my governor’s office that involved office work and learning about state government
-Made around $1000 from creating an online political apparel website during the presidential election
-Worked at a fast food restaurant for 4 months

Summer Programs
-went to Tanzania for 3 weeks in the past summer to help work on a school then climb Mount Kilimanjaro
-went to Peru two summers ago for 2 weeks to do some general volunteer work and hike to Macchu Pichu

Awards
-NSLI-Y study abroad scholarship semifinalist for Chinese or Russian program this coming summer (finalist results in March)
-Received an award that recognizes a young person for their philanthropy in my area
-National Honor Society
-Chinese Honor Society

My essays are pretty good so far, and one of my teacher recommendations is great (I think), and the other is probably mediocre.

Please be honest. Thanks!

Your stats look great. I think your a solid match for the Elliott School and probably even have a decent shot at Georgetown if you so choose.

As far as aid, I think your grades and your SAT would definitely net you something helpful, though I can’t really speculate on how much.

Good luck!

@NHuffer Thanks for the input!

Also, Georgetown is my first choice but I was deferred EA. I loved GW when I toured it, but I am worried I might dislike not being able to live on a traditional college campus.