Chance me for George Washington University

I am applying here regular decision or ED II, and I am applying to the Eliott School of International Affairs to major in international relations.

Stats//
gpa: 3.9
act: 30 (31 superscore)
class rank: top 10% of my class
classes: I am an IB DP student, and my HL’s are A1 Lit, History of Europe, and French. My sixth subject is Philosophy and my EE is also in the philosophy area of study. All of the classes are IB because I am a Diploma Programme Student.
extracurriculars: I am the VP and founder of the Democrat Club at my school since sophomore year, and we are the only one in the county. I am also the VP and founder of History Club, and the Secretary of our Model United Nations club (both since sophomore year). In my free time, I work with the local Democrat party and I interned with a state representative and someone running for county commissioner. I also do leadership programs on the state and local level. On top of that, I went to the Georgia Governor’s Honors Program (top 1% of the state in a subject area) in Social Studies because it included PoliSci/IR classes.
more about me: I live in Georgia and I am an only child. I am white, middle-class, not religious. I have dual citizenship from the US and the UK (my dad is a brit), and I was born in England and moved to the US when I was 3.

Thanks!

Your stats seem to be in-line with other admitted students to the Elliott School, so I think you’ve got a good chance. Like all other applicants, I recommend that if you truly want to attend GW that you do all you can to convey interest: tour the campus, if possible; contact your area’s GW rep; write a great essay that’s GW-specific.

Good luck!

You’ve got a great chance and sound like you’ll fit in great if you end up at Elliott: for better or worse you sound like 80% of the people here! Although you’ll get used to saying that you study international affairs, not international relations. We’re special here at GW :wink:

I also second the above post for emphasis: visit the campus, reach out the rep’s, etc. It goes a long way.