Chances for an international applicant

<p>I am an international applicant from India and am applying for Electrical Engineering in UW Madison. The problem is that I have low testing scores. Here are my stats:
SAT Total : 1980
Sat cr: 590(not my strong point)
Sat math: 740
Sat writing: 650(essay 8)</p>

<p>ACT : 29
English :28
Math :33
Reading :23:(
Science :31
Essay :8</p>

<p>TOEFL iBT :102</p>

<p>ECs:</p>

<p>Attended an internship in a technical plant
Participated and won in inter school quiz competitions
Currently hold a 6th grade certificate in solo piano from the Trinity College of London
President of the ecology club and member of quiz club in my school
Done a community service of 100 hours
Played soccer in school level
Obtained the best student award for 11th grade</p>

<p>Gpa:
9th percentage-82%
10th percentage-94.6%
11th percentage-89%
12th mid year-82%
(Indian high schools have rigorous courses and inspite of getting only 82%, my class rank is 1/56)</p>

<p>So, are these scores enough?(can't retake them unfortunately)
Will I get in? Thank you!</p>

<p>I don’t think your test scores are low for UW-Madison.</p>

<p>[Freshman</a> Admission Guidelines | UW > HELP](<a href=“http://uwhelp.wisconsin.edu/admissions/freshman/guidelines.aspx]Freshman”>http://uwhelp.wisconsin.edu/admissions/freshman/guidelines.aspx)</p>

<p>If you scroll down on this link to UW-Madison, you will see that your ACT score of 29 is in the middle 50th percentile (27-30) of admitted students.</p>

<p>Similarly, your SAT 1980 score is also within (near the top of) the middle 50th percentile (1800-2000).</p>

<p>Thank you for calming me down:)</p>

<p>You’ll get in! These are good scores and my 11th Maharashtra HSC scores were way lower.</p>

<p>btw- you are applying to the university as a whole, not just a particular department or major.</p>

<p>As the previous poster noted, you are applying to the school as a whole. I visited the campus recently and the admissions rep noted that they don’t look at the major while making admit decisions. You have to jump another hoop to get into the major you want. And, the scores are pretty good. Good luck. I applied a while back and got into college of engineering, but as I said I have to jump another hoop …</p>

<p>Your UW record will determine if you can get into engineering, likely not a problem if you have the math and science aptitude you seem to. You can change your major at any time at UW- nice to know you won’t lose your admission for changes.</p>