Chances for UC (Santa Barbara, Davis, San Diego, Irvine)

Class of 2018

I’m in an average public HS in San Francisco.

I’ve taken honor and AP classes from 9th-11th. My strength is my genuine enthusiasm for getting involved with groups and bringing people together.

GPA - 3.5 uw 3.7 weighted
SAT - 1160 (1180 super scored)
Writing/essay -

JOBS
2016 Summer Job - For renowned science museum
2017-curremt - Position at a cutting edge juice store
Etsy Shop - Owner and creator of handmade card store

VOLUNTEER
2017 Summer Intern - For reknowned hospital, university, and research center
2017 Summer Intern - For reknowned science and nature academy museum
2016-current - Volunteer Club member
2015 - Junior Camp Counselor - SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)

OTHER
2016 - Enterprise for High School Students - Professinal development for selected high school students. accepted into and completed course.
Volleyball - 9th grade team
Arts honor program - 9th grade
Principals Scholarship
Ukelele - Self taught

I’m not sure what I want to major in, but some ideas are business, biological sciences, psychology.

What are my chances for any of the University of California schools? My parents went to Cal Poly SLO and wondering g what my chances are there?

Thank you!

What’s your UC GPA?

SLO does not consider legacy but does consider if your parents work for SLO which could give you a boost.
GPA and test scores are below average for all majors listed. Biology has about a 13% acceptance rate, Psychology 11% and Business around 30%. Compare your stats to the Freshman profile.

http://admissions.calpoly.edu/prospective/profile.html

For the UC’s of interest, your stats again are below the averages so no solid Match schools.
Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79:

UCB: 2%
UCLA: 3%
UCSD: 6%
UCD: 15%
UCSB: 14%
UCI: 13%
UCSC: 59%
UCR: 78%
UCM: 92%

Definitely apply but add UCSC, UCR and some other Cal States such as Fullerton, Cal Poly pomona, Sac State, SFSU to your list.

Best of luck and apply widely.

Thank you for the replies. I took a closer look at all of my grades … and used the roger hub calculator to compute my UC GPA. Here’s what I have:

–11th Grade (2nd Semester)–
Unweighted: 3.5
Weighted and Capped GPA: 3.83

–11th Grade (1st Semester)–
Unweighted: 3.33
Weighted and Capped GPA: 3.67

–10th Grade (2nd Semester)–

–10th Grade (1st Semester)–

I’m hoping that my final semester 3.83 GPA in 11th grade shows an upward trend and puts me over the hump for UC

• I seem to have a decent shot at UCSC, but would want UC Davis as my first choice.

Do not calculate your UC GPA for each semester. Calculate your UC GPA with your cumulative grades from 10-11th which is what you need to compare to the Freshman profiles. Also SLO uses 9th-11th grades for their GPA calculation capped at 8 semesters of UC approved honors courses.

https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist/#/list/search/institution

If you want UCD, consider taking some courses in the summer to bump up the GPA.