Chances for UCB and UCLA?

Hello everyone!

I’d like to kindly ask you lovely College Confidential-ers for a quick chance. I’d like to get chance-d specifically for UCB and UCLA, even though I did apply to UCSB and UCSD. And for all schools, I applied for bioengineering:)

Nationality: Asian American (US Citizen)
School Type: Public high school in SoCal
Income: ~40k

GRADES:
-UW GPA: 4.0
-W GPA: 4.65
-UC “Weighted and Capped” GPA: 4.22
-SAT I: 1450 (700 English 750 Math)
-SAT II: Math 2 (740)
-AP: English Comp (4), US History (4)
-ACT: 31 (did not send, should I even bother to?)

EXTRACURRICULARS:
-Junior Assistant Scoutmaster
-Eagle Scout
-Varsity Tennis Team Captain
-Debate Club Vice-President
-United States Biology Olympiad CoFounder & Vice-President
-Student Senate Representative
-National Honor Society Member
-California Scholarship Federation Member

JOB:
-Bus Boy at a small restaurant
-Private Math Tutor for two middle school students

AWARDS & SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITIES:
-Cougar of the Month Award (2x): little award from teachers and department
-NMSF Commendation
-Principal’s Honor Roll for 4.0 GPA: all semesters
-Varsity Tennis MVP
-NAVSEA Naval Base Pre-Engineering Program

ESSAYS:
My essays were about my unique creative thinking in terms of numbers, about me learning English after immigrating, about math being my favorite subject, and about my Eagle Scout project (building Little Free Libraries to support my cause of promoting print literature). My essay reviewers said they were good, so I hope that’s true lol.

I think this is it. If you managed to make it all the way down to the bottom, I congratulate you and thank you so very much for taking the time read. Thank you very much in advance!

You have excellent stats, but since BioE is so competitive, I would say both schools are a high match/low reach. I’d be extremely surprised if you didn’t get into at least one of the two, though. Out of curiosity, how are your UC uncapped and capped GPAs so high when you only took 2 APs?

@wormholes Thanks for the response! I actually took 4 AP classes, but I didn’t take the AP exam on one subject and didn’t do so well on the other (so I omitted that score from this thread, since I didn’t submit that score to the UCs). Hope that makes sense:)