Chances for UCD, UCI, and UCR

Already suspecting this is a bit of a reach, but would like to hear some opinions.

New SAT: 1380
UC GPA: 3.86
(Improvement in GPA every year, especially 10-11, where my GPA increased by 0.5, 1 C in Chemistry 10th grade)

AP Scores:
Biology: 5
USHistory: 4
Macroeconomics: Currently enrolled in
Computer Science: Currently enrolled in
Calculus A/B: Currently enrolled in
US.Govt: Currently enrolled in

Subject Test:
Biology: 680

Majors:
UCD - Biological Systems Engineering
UCI - Biological Sciences
UCR - Biology

E.C:
JV Tennis 2 years
4-5 Clubs, didn’t do anything big for any of them
Worked a couple of months during senior year

Family income about 90k
Asian in SoCal
Competitive highschool, will graduate top 25 of ~900 kids

Really wanted to show my strength in biology ( A’s both semester in AP Biology) but got too overconfident on the SAT subject test and didn’t study. Also I know how impacted most biology majors are, but what are my chances?

Edit: Will graduate top 25%. Wish it was top 25

Competitive test scores but GPA will be an issue for UCD and UCI. You look solid for UCR.
UCI/UCD: High Match-Low Reach

Good luck.

@Gumbymom
Would you say I had a better chance at UCI or UCD?

I think you have a better chance at UCI although Biology is considered impacted, they tend to take more applicants with UC GPA’s below 4.0 than UCD (especially in the Engineering disciplines). Time will tell and this is just based on your stats. EC’s and the Insight questions cannot be quantitated so it will be up admissions on how these are considered on your overall application.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19:

UCB: 12%
UCLA: 14%
UCSD: 39%
UCSB: 49%
UCD: 52%
UCI: 57%
UCSC: 83%
UCR: 90%
UCM: 92%

You have a better chance at UCI than UCD. You’ll definitely get into UCR.

Update: Got into UCD and UCR, rejected at UCI. Thanks for the info!

Sorry to hear about your denial. You still have 2 great schools in which to choose and you have found out that UC admissions can be very unpredictable. Best of luck at whichever school you choose.