CHANCES FOR UM? Pleaseee i'm kind of freaking out!

Okay okay so i know ive made this post several times but here are my final stats:
GPA: Unweighted: 3.9/Weighted: 4.51
Class Rank: 14/103 (read below for explanation)
SAT: 1420/2130

Inducted into 8 honor societies except NHS.

EC’s:
Piano for 14 years (school accompanist)
President of Music Honor Society
Secretary/Treasurer of Campus Ministry
Treasurer of Quiz Bowl
Dance for 2 years (hip hop, tap, jazz)
Founded school “food drive” with Miami Rescue Mission (I said it was for Thanksgiving but after EA my school made me postpone it to February… I am still working on this)

Honors:
National Guild for Piano Playing “Superior Plus 99%”
3rd place Florida State Science and Engineering Fair
2 Excellents at District Thespian Individual Events
3 Superiors at Miami Dade Science Fair
Straight Superiors at Florida Federation for Piano
AP Scholar

3’s on all AP’s (Human Geo, Chem, US History, World, and Eng. Lang.) Currently taking AP Bio and AP Eng. Lit.
Also have honors courses (4 years of math, 4 years of science, 4 years of history, 2 years of Spanish)

I have lots of community service participation (almost 75 hours right now)

All A’s, and several B’s (like, 5?) throughout high school career. Lowest grade is a B.

At my old school before I transferred I was 2/125 with a WGPA of 4.75 (my GPA started over when I switched schools after my sophomore year) - i put this info on my common app (a UM rep actually told me to) :stuck_out_tongue:

Reasons I am kind of antsy:
First, I listed I was in Dual Enrollment American History last November… then I never paid for the credit so my school listed in my mid-year transcript that I took Honors American Gov. Does this look bad? My Vice Principal said not to worry about it.

Second, my (religion-affiliated) school messed up in the sense that they placed me in a World Religions class that I also took at my prior school, so they both have the same state code. Does this also matter? Will UM care that I took the same class, or not because its just theology (it’s a school requirement, obviously not a college requirement)? Having the necessary theology credits to graduate from my school is a separate question, but it’s not necessarily my fault because there were no other classes available for me. PLEASE HELP. xc

I just hate that my WGPA looks kind of messed up because all my AP and honors credits from my old school transferred as regulars, and this is all seen on the official transcript. Will UM do the math? Do they even care/will they consider my situation? Regardless, do I have a good enough application to surpass these minor challenges?

BTW: I am an aspiring music education major and I am certain my audition went fabulous! PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS <3

DON’T WORRY!!! YOU HAVE AN AMAZINGGGG SHOT. DEFINITELY A MATCH.

Thank you so much!!! @PassionForUMiami‌ :slight_smile:

bump – any other opinions about my situation?? #anxiety

As was already said, you have a REALLY good chance! Nothing to worry about at all! Beyond your great stats, you have a really concentrated application–there seems to be a theme to it. They will be able to tell that you have a passion for music and the fine arts based on your EC’s and awards, yet you also have a few other activities (like science fair) that will show you’re well-rounded. Having an application that paints a picture of your passion for a particular area like yours does is rarer than you think and will definitely help you in the admissions process!

Thanks! Bump

bump

Bump

bump