Chances of getting in (Biology)

Hey College Confidential people!

What are my chances for getting into Tamu for Biology?

State: California
UW GPA: 3.38 Weighted GPA: 3.7
Lower 30% of class rank :confused:
SAT Scores: 1980 (680 math 670 Writing 610 Reading)
Officer for red cross at local chapter
2 Officer positions at school
part time job teaching
Volunteering at local national park
Out of State (California)

Thanks!

are you asking for Fall 2016? or 2017? SAT scores here are only M+CR = 1290. If for 2016 - you should hear this week. If for 2017, improve your class rank to top 25% & retake SAT to get 1300 for academic admit.

Thank you for replying, I meant for 2017 and will prob be unable to make it into top 25% because I am already a second semester senior. As for Sat scores I can probably get my math + cr up to 1300. My superstore for math and critical reading is 1350. Does tamu look at superscores? I have also taken many ap and honors classes . (Bio , calculus, chemistry and languages ) Thanks

No, your best one sitting with writing.The automatic admit stats are 30 ACT or 1300 SAT and top 25%. Do your best for second semester - many seniors drop off that semester… you never know if you kick it into gear with a 4.0 it could move you up. The closer to top 25% the better, if you are a review admit. It is very competitive for review admits to gain admission here. Also apply early, it is rolling admissions both to the university & to your major.

IF you take courses after you graduate, even just one, you will be considered a transfer. Then different rules apply. If you are just taking a year off (no college classes/credits) then you can still apply as an incoming freshman and your rank at the end of senior year will count. You can also apply for spring 2017. Good luck!