Can I get into Texas A&M?

I have a 3.8140 unweighted gpa, 4.2791 weighted gpa, 1180 on the SAT, participate in marching band, varsity scholastic bowl, varsity tennis, mathletes, 100 hours of community service with my local church, am rank 16 out of 449 students at my highschool, I took 10 AP classes and others being honors courses. I want to apply as a biology major.

You’re in the top 3%, so you’re an auto-admit if you’re in-state. You’re good. Biology, I believe, is first come first serve, so be sure to apply early. The school is going to be much more competitive…and expensive if you’re out of state.

I am an out of state applicant from illinois

Because of the fact that I am an out of state applicant is it okay if i apply like by October. Or is that too late for a non auto admit applicant

@Mike90058 Because you are out of state and a review applicant, being in the top % is a plus but your SAT score is not very competitive. The majority of review applicants will not receive an admissions decision until February or March. However, there were a handful of review applicants on this forum for Biology who received their decision in Dec.
and still more in February (full admissions).

I would work on getting your application in as soon as possible. You can then track your application through the Applicant Information System (AIS) and receive your UIN number. You can always send the supporting documents at another time but know your file won’t be read until it is complete.

Which documents do i have to have in order for me to have my application on file. @Thelma2

Also is it okay if i submit my application in October. That is When i plan on having everything done by.

@Mike90058

In addition to your application via Apply Texas (or Coalition Application) there are required documents you must submit in order for your application to be complete. Everything you need is listed here. http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/apply

For top 10% and Academic admits, applying as soon as possible is important, because some majors are more competitive and fill to capacity weeks before the deadline of December 1, and while they are admitted to the university, if the major is full, they are placed in their second choice major or if that too is full, are given the option of choosing another major that is open.

This also happens for review admits. Last admissions cycle, review admits who received their full admissions offer in February were placed in their second choice majors due to their first choice being full.

Applying in October should be fine. From what I can tell from the past three cycles where I kept stats on applicants from this forum, Biology was not an impacted major.

Coming from out of state, tuition is going to be high. Don’t expect any aid other than loans. A&M is stingy with aid to offset the cost of tuition and the tuition waiver is very competitive. Many applicants, even in state, receive scholarship/merit money from other schools and nothing from A&M other than loans. That said, there are scholarships through the university you can apply for as well as look to any through your city/town as well as your high school. Be proactive in this search and application process. There have been applicants (now Aggies) who made their dream of attending possible by searching for every dollar possible.

Here is a link for A&M scholarships. Click on Freshman and go from there. http://scholarships.tamu.edu/

Honestly Thank you so much being an out of state applicant it is really to get insight for this type of information. And again Thank you so much!!! I will plan on taking the sat again to get that 1360 but Thanks Anyway for the scholarship info!

@Mike90058
I encourage you, through this process of applying, to find on CC, each specific college/university you are considering and gain info about that school. I have three in college, all at separate universities in Texas and all three are completely different. With highly competitive universities, the forums can be active from applications to admissions and through the New Student Orientations and onward.
There is a lot school counselors just don’t know about every college/university and if they are like A&M, things can change from year to year and it’s difficult to keep up with it all, so a lot falls to the student/parents. I know I was clueless when my eldest began applying. A lot can be discovered on the college/university websites as well as the specific major department websites. Explore those.
Good Luck