Chances of Getting into Purdue Engineering?

<p>Yeah so basically I live in Illinois and don't have the numbers to get into urbana champaign, so I figure this is my last hope.</p>

<p>Weighted GPA: 3.86
Unweighted: 3.85
ACT:25
Class Rank: 103 (top 17%)
EC: 300 Volunteer Hours (200 Hospital,100 Library) , JV Tennis and Soccer (1 year each), FBLA (1 year), Polar Bear Running (1 year), and English student of the month.</p>

<p>That about sums it up. Do you think I have a decent chance of making it?</p>

<p>I’d say you have a decent shot. Your gpa is good but ACT could be higher for engineering. Not sure if Purdue actually considers your extracurriculars very much.</p>

<p>Yeah, I didn’t really do all that much. Am I at a disadvantage since I live in Illinois?</p>

<p>Nope, I don’t see why you would be. People come from all over the world to be in Purdue engineering. And Illinois is still out-of-state tuition which equals more money for Purdue if you go.</p>

<p>Would a 26 or 27 on the ACT raise my chances by a lot, and do my current stats look like someone that would get in fairly easily?</p>

<p>I think your chances are average. If you could improve your ACT by 3 or more points, you’ll have a great shot at getting in, especially if your math and science sections are >30.</p>