Chances of Getting Rescinded after a D in AP Calc AB?

I’ve gotten accepted into every UC except for LA with a 1450 SAT, 31ACT and 3.79 UC GPA. I was close to getting a D in Calculus last semester, but managed to get a C. This semester is not looking too well either as I currently have a D. What should I do (besides work harder, I am doing that) and what are my chances of getting rescinded by UCSD, SB, or I? I have mostly As and some Bs in the rest of my classes. Also, I am an English Major for all schools, maybe that will lessen the impact? Really need some insight on this and thanks in advance.

Hmmm, keep mind that this is the middle of the semester and you still have time to bring it up. Find methods to improve your grade:

• Go to tutoring
  • Ask questions
  • Find solutions to see what study methods are detaining from getting a higher grade

As for UCs, if it’s a FINAL grade (if your school is following a quarter system): You should be aware that if you fail to get a C or higher, add or drop a course you must inform the UC Application Center. It’s better to inform to find solutions than not inform them at all. The rule here: No D’s or F’s for your senior year. (So meet them all!) Remember that you will send final transcripts by July (if you SIR to a UC or any college really) to verify. So find your solutions to raise that grade up. But you could have the opportunity to explain those circumstances, if possible.

It’s not too late but you need to hustle. Please get a tutor right away and meet proactively with your teacher and GC to put a plan in place to fix this. Your primary goal every day should be to bring that grade up. Given how competitive this year is and plenty of waitlists, the risk of being rescinded from a UC. is real. But you can do it - just focus every day and get help. Good luck and I am rooting for you!

Thanks very much, but it’s looking bleak. I know I got under 50% on my test today, as I really didn’t understand the topic of optimization. I only have one test and a final left to raise my grade up, so at least there’s a chance.

i was in a similar but not as serious position my senior year, as i was a straight A’s applicant who had a C in calc with two tests left but was able to make a B+, so don’t give up hope yet. you just really have to ace them.

if things dont work out and your schools contact you, is it possible that you could take (and pass) the AP calculus exam? and that they might accept this? no idea if this is plausible, just a thought

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/after-you-apply/

UC admission conditions typically state that a D or F grade in a senior year course may lead to rescission. The risk may be greater if the campus you matriculate to has a higher than expected yield. But you may want to ask each campus you are admitted to about it before deciding which to matriculate to.