Chances of UC?

Hi I’m currently a high school Junior and I wanted to know what my chances are for my uc schools, I don’t know my gpa currently

9th grade:
Algebra 1: A/A
Physics: B/C+
Government C+/D
English 9 C+/DD
Spanish 1 B/A-
Intro to Engineering: B/A-
Health, PE A/A

Summer school: Public Speaking: B

10th grade

Hon Geometry : A-/A
Hon English : B/B
Biology: A-/A
Hon World history : B/B
Intro to Architeecture Design: A
Spanish 2: B+/A
Intro to Computer Science: B+
P.E A

11th grade Move to CA From MO
AP US History: A
Algebra 2 H :A
Chemistry : A
Spanish 3: B
PE: A/A << Definitely
AP English Language: A

Will plan to take Pre Calc in Community College in the summer and Art

12th grade schedule:
AP Calculus AB
AP Biology
AP Government/AP Macro econ
AP Statistics
Honors English 12
Leadership

Enrolled in YPI Leadership, writing club, book club, and community hunger relief,

ACT score 27
SAT taking in March, if I do better and better will my chances increase?

UC’s only use 10-11th grades in their UC GPA calculation so after Junior year, you can calculate your UC uW GPA, Capped weighted UC GPA and Fully weighted UC GPA:

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Until you complete Junior year and have your SAT score, it is too early to gauge your chances.

Also intended major, HS course rigor, personal insight essays and your EC’s will all contribute to your chances along with your UC GPA (capped weighted is the most cited GPA used).

Here is some statistical data for the UC’s below. The data is for the capped weighted UC GPA and not major specific. The more competitive the major, the higher the stats are needed for an acceptance along with a lower admit rate.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79:

UCB: 1.8%
UCLA: 2.2%
UCSD: 7.2%
UCSB: 10.1%
UCI: 11.1%
UCD: 16.6%
UCSC: 43.8%
UCR: 63.3%
UCM: 88.7%

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19:

UCB: 12.6%
UCLA: 11.7%
UCSD: 38.7%
UCSB: 53.6%
UCD: 56.5%
UCI: 52.1%
UCSC: 75.7%
UCR: 90.1%
UCM: 96.1%

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 4.20 or above:

UCB: 42.7%
UCLA: 47.2%
UCSD: 84.2%
UCSB: 82.0%
UCD: 90.3%
UCI: 94.1%
UCSC: 92.7%
UCR: 97.5
UCM: 98.1%

2018 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
UCB: 4.23
UCLA: 4.23
UCSD: 4.16
UCSB: 4.13
UCI: 4.13
UCD: 4.11
UCSC: 3.96
UCR: 3.81
UCM: 3.71

2018 Data:
25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:

UCB: 1360-1540

UCLA: 1340-1540
UCSD: 1300-1520
UCSB: 1270-1500
UCD: 1220-1480
UCI: 1230-1490
UCSC: 1210-1450
UCR: 1130-1380
UCM: 1020-1280

25th - 75th percentiles for ACT:
UCB: 30-35
UCLA: 31-35
UCSD: 28-34
UCSB: 28-34
UCD: 26-33
UCI: 26-33
UCSC: 26-32
UCR: 22-30
UCM: 19-26

Will my senior grade and high school rigor count? I will be taking 5 Ap and I plan to do my best to score the highest. My PSAT score was 1200 so I intend to score 1200-1300 for my sat but better after in senior year

Senior grades are not considered for admission purposes, but you are admitted provisionally and need to maintain a 3.0 GPA with no D’s or F’s.
Senior year HS course rigor will be considered since you report your in-progress and planned courses.

OK thank you and would it be possible to report my Pre calc class taking in summer after 11th grade in CC? I live in California and was wondering if it goes to the UC application

Any CC courses taken during HS should be reported on your on UC application and since it is UC transferable, the grade will be used in your UC GPA calculation. You will need to send a copy of your CC transcript along with your HS transcript once you have been accepted by a UC and enroll.

Grades from any a-g courses taken the summer prior to 10th grade through summer prior to 12th grade are used for the UC GPA calculation.

Freshman grades are reviewed to make sure that the a-g courses are completed with a C or higher.

Your 9th grade Ds may be problematic. Not sure how UCs will feel about that.

I will be repeating it in 2nd semester, and the Government is not a-g I found which I would take ap government next year since it’s only 1 semester

To clarify, you will be repeating your English course 2nd semester Junior year and taking AP Government Senior year?
Make sure you have the repeat English course completed prior to application and the AP Government course clearly listed as in-progress on the UC application for the next admission cycle.

I also do not see a Visual/Performing arts course (1 year long) required by the UC’s. I would check on the Architecture course to make sure it meets the UC requirement.

Yes but I was wondering if there is a class of visual arts I can take in community college since I want to take ap bio for the room instead of arts in senior year?

IIRC, you would have to take 3 semesters of CC in some form of art in order to qualify for the Visual Arts requirement.

Your best bet if you didn’t have room in 12th grade is to take an online class(es) that is approved by the UCs , or to self study for the AP Art History or AP Music Theory exam. I would say that the Music Theory exam is a lot harder. You need a 3+.

1 semester at a CC= 1 year long HS course. The requirement is a 3 unit semester class for a CC course.

You can check this link for CC courses that meet the VPA requirement:https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist

Ways to fulfill the requirement:
AP or IB Examination
Score of 3, 4 or 5 on the AP History of Art, Studio Art or Music Theory Exam;
score of 5, 6 or 7 on any one IB HL exam in Dance, Film, Music, Theatre Arts or Visual Arts

College courses
Grade of C or better in any transferable course of 3 semester (4 quarter) units that clearly falls within one of four visual/performing arts disciplines: dance, drama/theater, music or visual art

Ok thank you this means that if I take a drama/theater class in the summer with pre calc in a community college, I would not have to take the visual/arts class in high school right?

Correct.

Hi I currently received my New SAT score which was 1280/1600 and I will retake it again. If I score in the 1400 range and receive 4.0 next semester as well as this semester I got 3.9, will I have chances for uci ucd ucsd or ucsb. Regarding the fact of AP English lang (11), AP US History (11) Chem H (11) AP English Lit (12), AP Calculus AB (12), AP US Government, AP Macro econ (12), Leadership (12), AP Statistics (12), and Spanish 3 H (12)

My gpa in 10th grade was 3.4… but I will tend to try harder and harder…

Sorry Spanish 4 H not Spanish 3 H

Why don’t you come back at the end of Junior year and repost when you have your UC GPA and repeat test scores. Speculating vs. getting the grades and test scores are two different things. You know what kind of stats you need to have to be competitive for these schools so work hard towards that goal.