Chances??

<p>White male, attening a Math & Science High School in Virginia (selective enrollment), applying to Engineering School for Fall 2011 enrollment.</p>

<p>GPA: 4.1
ACT (using super score): Composite: 33; E: 32; M: 33; R: 34; S: 31, W: 26
SAT: M: 650; CR: 630; W: 600</p>

<p>I took the SAT first and then the ACT. Did better on the ACT so I took it again.</p>

<p>Have taken AP classes since Junior Year in math, science, and history. Dual enrollment in Engineering. 4 years of Latin.</p>

<p>EC: marching band (section leader), jazz band, robotics, community service</p>

<p>I am also applying to Georgia Tech, North Carolina St, and Rensselaer. Thanks in advance for you input.</p>

<p>Do you go to TJ by any chance? If yes, then I’m pretty sure you’ll get in haha. ACT scores are really good, because Tech converts them to SAT scores.</p>

<p>AP classes and 4 years of Latin are unique and will help you. EC with robotics caught my eye because I did that for 2 years back in New York. If you don’t mind, what AP classes did you take / are you taking, and what were your scores.</p>

<p>Overall though, I think you’ll get in! Good Luck!</p>

<p>I don’t think you are going to have any problems getting into the engineering program. VT might wonder why your SAT is much lower than your ACT though. I know the tests aren’t equivalents, but you still did much better on it.</p>

<p>SAT CR + M = 1280</p>

<p>ACT Conversion (Based on Composite score): CR+M Range 1440–1480. Median of 1460.</p>

<p>Difference: 180 +/ 20 points. </p>

<p><a href=“http://www.act.org/aap/concordance/[/url]”>http://www.act.org/aap/concordance/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>James,</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply. I took the SAT and ACT in June 2010, scored better on the ACT so I took it again in Sept 2010 to try and improve my score which I did. I took the SAT first and realized that the test were covering some material in Math that I had not yet gone over so I studied up on it and it helped me on my ACT’s. Do you think I should have also taken the SAT again??</p>

<p>I attend the Math and Science Center at Clover Hill High School in Richmond, VA. All of my main subject area classes are Honors except for the following AP Classes: Chemistry, US History, Physics, Calculus AB, Literature/Composition, and Dual Enrollment Engineering. Still think I have a good chance of getting in?? Thanks.</p>

<p>No need to double up on the tests if you score well on one format (‘well’ meaning at a level you feel fairly represents your abilities and places you in target of schools you are interested in). Preparing for both the SAT and the ACT can actually be counterproductive as there are different test strategies. Usually by trying each format once a student can identify which format best suits their testing abilities. The colleges WANT you to do well and want to report the highest scores, be it the ACT or SAT. They want to report the highest possible scores for their admits each year for the all powerful rankings.</p>

<p>Best of luck!!</p>

<p>applied mid january.sats 1970, gpa 3.25 , a few ECs, 2 APs, 10 honors classes
OOS, female, visited in nov at the open house if that matters</p>