Class of 18 Roll Call...who's applied and who's been accepted

<p>^^^
Congrats…and congrats on the NMSF!</p>

<p>Berricre8v,</p>

<p>I’m wondering where you are in Michigan? My daughter is also considering UA. We are from Northville, she attends Mercy HS.</p>

<p>UFE application sent! I’m not completely happy with it, but I suppose I’m as confident as I’ll ever be.</p>

<p>Thanks M2CK, I’m quite proud of her!</p>

<p>PiperMI, we are from Hudsonville. There are 2 or 3 others from her school that are also considering Bama.</p>

<p>If we have a tab that says Student, does that mean we’ve been accepted?</p>

<p>Yep - congratulations!</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>My son was recently accepted, and awarded Presidential Scholarship.</p>

<p>Home state: Colorado</p>

<p>Date Applied: early November 2013</p>

<p>Date Accepted: November 20, 2013</p>

<p>Visited Campus: On November 25, 2013, we (me, husband, 12th grade son and 9th grade son) all visited campus. All four of us were thoroughly impressed with the campus, the tour, and the informative guide. U. of Alabama is now definitely son’s first choice.</p>

<p>Honors College: Yes, son applied the day we got home after the Thanksgiving vacation.</p>

<p>Major: Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering</p>

<p>Congrats to all and Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Student Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State: Kansas</p>

<p>Date Applied: Sometime in October</p>

<p>Date Accepted: two days after I sent application</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: No. I might go in February</p>

<p>Major: Economics</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: I’ve been accepted</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Possibly college professor or with a think tank</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: I’m not sure if I’m going here or not. I’m a NMSF and the scholarship is tempting, but I’m not sure how well I would fit in here. We’ll see!</p>

<p>^^^
Wow you were accepted fast. How’d you get scores and transcripts sent so fast? </p>

<p>Anyway…congrats on both NMSF status and acceptance. </p>

<p>Let us know when you’re going to visit the school and we can help give you some advice.</p>

<p>Hi Piper and Merri- my dd is a chem E /Spanish major at Bama (freshman) we are from Portage/Kzoo Michigan. She loves it, and we do too! Welcome!</p>

<p>Student Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Connecticut</p>

<p>Date Applied: October 30</p>

<p>Date Accepted: December 9</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: No</p>

<p>Major: Political Science / minor engineering </p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Yes</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Naval Officer … Long term, Patten Lawyer. One very focused kid.</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: I hope they have lemon pie because this kid lives on it.</p>

<p>^^
[Sweet</a> on a Cure day 3: Lemon Pie at Jim 'N Nick’s | AL.com](<a href=“http://blog.al.com/nightlife/2010/11/jim_n_nicks_lemon_pie_sweet_on.html]Sweet”>Sweet on a Cure day 3: Lemon Pie at Jim 'N Nick's - al.com)</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>He may also find other pies in the south worth having… Key Lime Pie is also popular as well as Chocolate Pie, Coconut Cream Pie, and others.</p>

<p>This will make his day more than you know. Thank you and Merry Christmas!!</p>

<p>Could someone PM me the list from the scholarship application? or post it here? I feel like I submitted it without checking everything I could’ve been qualified for</p>

<p>Son was accepted and received Presidential + Engineering Scholarships</p>

<p>Home State:TX</p>

<p>Date Applied: 9/24/13</p>

<p>Date Accepted: 10/1/13</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Not yet, planning to attend Scholars Day</p>

<p>Major: Chemical Engineering/Chemistry</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Accepted</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Chemical Engineering or research in Computational or Theoretical Chemistry</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: A big thank you to mom2collegekids for all of the helpful info!</p>

<p>Welcome!..and congrats!!</p>

<p>…and you’re most welcome!!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>I just applied yesterday! Does anyone know how long it takes for them to send the MyBama info? Also how long does it usually take for the decisions to come after applying? Thanks and congrats to everyone that has already gotten in!!!</p>

<p>^^
Usually it just takes a business day or two for you to get the email with your CWID/MyBama instructions.</p>

<p>Then, once the school has your transcript and scores, it should take less than a week unless there’s a problem. If there is a problem (such as grades or test scores) then Bama will wait to see if a Feb test is better and if your first semester grades are better.</p>