Class of '20 ~ Who's Applied and Who's been Accepted?

Oh, and the engineering awards come separately as well, because those come from the CoE.

My DD got her acceptance letter for the College of Engineering on Friday. We hadn’t yet filled out the Scholarship Application but she submitted it on Saturday morning. Alabama works fast! That same afternoon she got two letters. One from Engineering offered the $2500 scholarship. The other from the President offered the Presidential scholarship – $29,950 a year for four years!!

@wandlmink Congrats! Have you visited??

edit…I see that she’s a NMSF. Once she makes finalist, she’ll get a lot more.

@mom2collegekids Thanks for your help. DD is in the process of applying to the Honors College and CBH. We haven’t visited yet, but will plan to do so after the first of the year. Everything is very hectic right now with my younger daughter’s activities.

Just got my acceptance letter!

Hi I was accepted a few weeks ago and applied as a business major but would like to switch to Engineering (undecided) but the change major option isn’t working. Whenever I press submit an error message pops up. Any insight?

@johnnyisgod Are you in MyBama? If so, try logging out and logging back in. Or wait a few hours. Maybe some update is going on.

You can also click on “help desk” link and report the problem.

Let us know if the problem persists.

@mom2collegekids Just started working!

Home state: massachusetts

Date applied-11/20/15

Date accepted- 12/03/15

Career goals: software engineer

Major: computer science

is anyone familiar with the benefits of UFE?

@cable007 Please start a new thread about UFE

Daughter was accepted as OOS student with Presidential Scholarship, 3.96 GPA, 34 ACT, AP scholar with distinction, She now plans on applying to the Honors College and Emerging Scholars program as well. Two questions:

1. Any advise what other scholarships she should apply for?
  2. Best Time to plan a visit, coming from NY?

TIA

Apply for whatever scholarships that fit her on the scholarship app. Some won’t apply to her, but certainly check the boxes for any that do. Some may be for instate only, so stick with ones that fit.

What is her major?

Best time to visit is when school is in session and you can arrive either on a Thursday, tour on Friday, and depart sometime over the weekend. Or, arrive on Sunday, tour on Monday, and depart Tuesday.

Once you figure out a time, immediately go online and schedule a campus tour. Then contact the HC and give them the campus tour date and time, give her stats and major, and ask them if they can arrange to meet with some faculty from the major and the HC. Tell them anything else you’d like to see.

Let me get you the HC contacts.

She is undecided on her Major but leaning towards Public Health or possibly Pre-Med Bio-Research, seems as if only the Alumni Crimson Scholarship applies to her so she is applying for that. Thanks for all the Help.

@fm0101 My son was premed at Alabama and is now a 3rd year med student. There is a Bama parents Facebook group for premed/prehealth parents. Lots of useful info. Let me know if you’re interested.

I posted my stats earlier in the thread but I just got accepted into the Honors College on Dec 1st. (I just checked my email).

I have just applied, can anyone tell me how I can submit my transcripts and recommendation letters? Thank you very much

@Quanh261997 I guess you’re an international student, right? May I ask where’re you from?

To answer your question: You can submit your transcript through a NACES agent. You don’t need to submit your recommendation letters in that UA doesn’t require them.

You can pm me for further assistance.

Wow that would be wonderful, thank you.