Class of '20 ~ Who's Applied and Who's been Accepted?

Student Gender: Male

Home State: Wisconsin

Date Applied: 8/1

Date Accepted: 9/8

Have you visited the campus?: yes and it was the best vacation of summer

Major: Business Admin

Applying to the Honors College?: most definitely

Career goal(s): department head/lead of law decision of a multinational corporation

I just can’t wait to continue this process. This school has been #1 for a long time and the only one I have applied to so far but now I don’t have to apply to any more

Accepted!!! Roll Tide. Hoping we can still get in on the Engineering day.

Congrats to everyone being accepted. I just got my acceptance today and finished my honors app, woohoo!!
ROLL TIDE :slight_smile:

Filling out for my D. Should change my “name” on here since this is my second one to send off to college. LOL!

Student Gender: Female

Home State: Texas

Date Applied: July

Date Accepted: Sept 8

Have you visited campus: MANY times. Have a sister that is a jr at UA. Have a full day scheduled to meet with the Education dept next month.

Major: Elementary Education

Applying to Honors College: Yes

Other info: Sister is a junior at Alabama and loves it. She would like for her younger sister to join her. However, UA is at #3 on the list right now. We shall see.

EARLY COLLEGE

For all of you that have applied this is something you should check into. UA has a great program called Early College. You can take classes thru UA online and then next summer can do the On Campus Experience. My daughter that is a jr at UA participated in EC during Summer II just before she started at UA and earned 9 credit hours. It is a great program!!! There are deadlines for enrolling into the Early College program.

They do offer a great out of state scholarship for OOS students to attend UA. It is a great way to get a head start, get familiar with campus and get a jump start on that awesome GPA.

If you have any questions about Early College, I will be more than happy to answer as much as I can.

Roll Tide

JPChipotleMan…I sent u a PM

Hi, My daughter was accepted yesterday…she called admissions to verify that the new info on the academics page was what she hoped. She asked about the inability to make the deposit and was told that it could take a few days. We visited from CT in February and it remains her top choice even after visiting a number of other schools. We are still insisting that she complete her other applications…the early admission is both a blessing and a curse! I was very impressed with both our tour and the friendliness of everyone we encountered. She has a local friend who just started her second year at UA and she loves it. D is now hoping for another 40 points on her SAT so that she can apply to honors.

DS accepted yesterday, but keep it under wraps-- he doesn’t know yet. He never checks his mybama, unlike his neurotic father. He probably won’t find out until the letter arrives…

Where does it say accepted? When my son logs in it says “processed applications” under check application status. He does have access to the Honors College application. But we don’t see anything that says accepted.

Under “processed applications” you should see one for Fall 2016. Opening that up, you’ll see “Decision Made”. That’s just confirmation of what being able to access the Honors College application means- which is, he’s in!

But no, officially, nothing does actually “accepted” that I’ve found.

Thank you, I’ll have him check it out.

@tripleteens If you look at the Academics tab in MyBama, if you see a link to apply to the Honors College, then your son has been accepted.

Deposit link was live when I checked a few minutes ago. Is Oct 1 still the date when you can begin the housing process?

Now you wait till October 1 to make a housing deposit?

Apologies for the duplicate post…it has been years since I used CC. Is there a way to delete a post?

@hydrangea3 Thanks for letting us know the deposit link is live now. I was able to process the freshmen enrollment deposit for my D just now :slight_smile:

What is their method of acceptance? Like it is probably not by date applied because some on here applied in July while others applied recently and got accepted (I applied in July). If it was alphabetical, I understand why I haven’t heard back yet because my last name is later in the alphabet. I just want to know how they are processing applications so I know a general time frame of when I will be accepted (so I can fill out scholarship stuff).

thanks for the tips @mom2coIIegekids. checked the system today and our D has been accepted! Now waiting to receive the official letter.

When are the official letters supposed to be out??

@bamagirl12 does Bama have everything? your transcript and your scores?

Apps are NOT processed alphabetically…they’re processed in order, once complete. Make sure that Bama has everything. When was your transcript sent?

Is your myBama not showing any add’l tabs?