Class of '20 ~ Who's Applied and Who's been Accepted?

@khidhala @etrunner Thanks for the quick replies! Applying to college is one big patience lesson, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

@psywar Send an email to amber.capell@ua.edu and ask them to resend…include the CWID number.

Student Gender: Male

Home State: Tennessee

Date Applied: 7-22-15

Date Accepted: 9-24-15 - Transcript delayed :frowning:

Have you visited the campus?: Yes -Twice!

Major: Chemical Engineering

Applying to the Honors College?: Yes.

Career goal(s): Undetermined.

Any else you’d like to mention: #BBN

Deposit paid and housing application completed with deposit. Still entertaining Mississippi State and University of Kentucky.

Can anyone give their opinion of the STEM path to MBA program?

What is the scholarship letter some have posted about? I thought the deadline was 12/15. Do they award scholarships before the cut-off? We’ve been told what we should get, but haven’t received a letter to my knowledge.

Student Gender: F

Home State: SC

Date Applied: 10/2

Date Accepted:

Have you visited the campus?: not yet :slight_smile:

Major: Biology

Applying to the Honors College?: Yes

Career goal(s): Research

Any else you’d like to mention:

@mom2collegekids Thank you for the contact! I didn’t want to appear presumptuous, please correct me if I am wrong, but acceptance with high stats (e.g. a 36 ACT) should earn the Presidential Scholarship as an automatic scholarship?

He filled out the scholarship application immediately after applying. He was accepted into the Honors College on 9/22/15.

We just logged onto myBama and went to the scholarship application and it said it was submitted, but here’s the really odd part. The date of submission was 10/2/2015 - Today! Maybe something was stuck? Everything else has happened so rapidly, and we didn’t want to bother them given how early in the admission process it is.

Thanks again for holding our hands on all this, UA really should give you a referral bonus!

• psy

All merit based scholarships at UA are automatic and, at this point, for as many students as are enrolled. If I remember reading correctly, and your son receives NMF, he will qualify for the NMF scholarship instead of the Presidential.

@psywar I wonder if the hold up is because your child is a NMSF. Maybe his letter will be different…mentioning what he’ll also get if named a NMF.

Also…since your son has a perfect ACT, sometimes Bama gives a bonus for that. But, I don’t know if that bonus will happen if he also gets the NMF award. There was probably some discussion about what to do with your son’s award.

Anyway…if you don’t get a letter soon, please send Amber an email.

@bmolloy97 Bama issues the scholarship letters for assured awards right after a student has been admitted. If your child hasn’t received a letter, then send an email to Amber Chapell and include CWID.

Capell, Amber Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships 205-348-8194 amber.capell@ua.edu Staff

Keep in mind that Alabama doesn’t mind what you ask for, as long as the request is polite and respectful. So, if you ever have a question, don’t worry about sounding presumptuous. If your question is valid and posed respectfully, they understand why you’re asking…

@mom2collegekids My son is a NMSF too. Maybe that’s why he hasn’t received it. Thank you. We’ll email Amber though.

Student Gender: F

Home State: Texas

Date Applied: 7/23

Date Accepted: 9/29

Have you visited the campus?: Yes, about 2 1/2 years ago :slight_smile:

Major: Human Development and Family Studies

Applying to the Honors College?: Maybe

Career goal(s): Pediatrician

Any else you’d like to mention: can’t wait to come back to my home state!

Just a quick update on my transcript issue for those having a similar problem: a couple other schools I applied too are just now showing transcripts received on Oct 1, so I guess my school was just slow getting it out. Hopefully UA should update it within the week

Question on the scholarship letter - I’m guessing that only comes when you’ve completed the scholarship application, right? Minor detail I overlooked while reading above. :wink: Our recruiter advised us to wait on that, so DS1 is going to complete that this week. If I’m still missing something - please enlighten me.
Does UofA offer a salutatorian/valedictorian award?

Question, how long did it take you for you guys to receive your CWID number?

It took 2 or 3 days. The entire process is automatic so it depends on the server load.

Student Gender: Female

Home State: California

Date Applied: 8/30/15

Date Accepted: 10/1/15

Have you visited the campus?: Nope - Never been to Alabama

Major: Biology

Applying to the Honors College?: Yes.

Career goal(s): Forensic Pathology

Any else you’d like to mention: 3.9 weighted GAP. 3.8 unweighted. SAT was 1800
Waiting on Notre Dame/Boston College which are early action by 12/15. Waiting on Cornell early decision which is 12/15. Also accepted to University of Arizona, St Johns, Creighton

So its not just me…ugh

My application is currently waiting on my ACT scores and my transcript apparently, though Parchment said that they had already received my transcript. :confused:

I’m not aware of any Val/Sal award…if there is one, it’s rather new.

There was no Val/Sal award last year.