***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

@crowlady, please keep us posted! If your DS has missed the cut-off by one point then I am going to be so sad about that. There are other great scholarship options, as you probably know, but I have been rooting for you on this one.

But 2250 as a confirming score? That will knock a ton of kids out. A ton.

Also, I called last year personally, as did many others, and was told the SAT cut was 1960. With this being the last year of the old PSAT, I simply can’t imagine they would even think about changing it, let alone giving it such a huge jump.

It’s not 2250. That is insane.

What say we all just ignore little sad cookiestar?

@PAMom21 I can only hope so. I’m not even sure how I’d explain to my D that she has to find time to retake the test … and to hit that number, which is about 100 above where she is now… and three HUNDRED points above previous confirming score.

I absolutely agree that 2250 is not the correct qualifying SAT score & somebody is trying to sabotage the thread. Please, do not put any faith in that number! All you need to do is call NMSC on Tuesday & ask about that. I’m sure the number was posted right before a long holiday weekend, when NMSC would be closed, in an effort to make people worry over the weekend. If this was someone trying to disrupt the Goodwill of this thread, then Karma will take care of that person for us.

@Dookster (a.k.a. Jimmie), could you please make sure to come back to CC for the Class of 2018 NMSF cut-off scores? God willing, I’ll have a dog in that fight & I really do not want to sweat it out like last year, thank you very much. @suzy100, @KSMom1518, we have a new BFF here in our friend @Dookster!

OK. Relaxed now. I was reading so fast I thought the list (which is likely right) was posted by the SAME person as the confirming score.

Moving on. TGIF all and enjoy your weekend!

May all good karma come to @Dookster, Thanks.

@GoAskDad I’ll be right along with you in 2018 and back again for 2020! @Dookster I hope you still be along for the ride, your information was so helpful!

Thank you @Dookster.

Well, it looks like our S made it with a couple of points to spare. He’s actually going to go ahead and jump through the hoops for NMF even though his chances are only slightly better than those of winning the lottery. There are worse things than being one of the “Slacker Thousand”, I suppose. I mean no offense to students and parents of the students who don’t advance; the slacker label certainly fits my kid, though.

I’m confused… but the 2250 SAT score is likely BS.

So for clarification, is this list legit or not? I don’t want to give my friends any false hopes here.

my daughter will be so sad. She missed it by 1 point:( congrats to all that made the cut!

The list that Dookster posted is real. The nonsense about needing 2250 on the SAT is BS.

@3scoutsmom is exactly right.

The 2250 SAT confirming score that a poster claimed is absolutely BS.

I am a HS senior in Kansas City, Missouri. No need to contact NMSC Tuesday. I called NMSF a few days ago to ask about how to qualify as a finalist because my principal is sitting on the information and won’t even share it with the GC’s until next week. I was told by NMSC that the 2200 I scored on the SAT far exceeded the finalist requirement.

To all other students who qualified as NMSF, congratulations!

@albert69, those of us who’ve been down this path before (like you!) agree that the 2250 qualifying SAT score was posted by someone intent upon upsetting/worrying/confusing other posters on this thread. I hope no one takes it to heart & all anybody needs to do is call NMSC on Tuesday to confirm the score, which is probably still 1960 (or whatever it was last year).

We also have a new poster @Dookster, who has published a list of cut-off scores by-state…and many posters here DO believe that list is valid. All I want to know is where was @Dookster last year, and will he/she be back for the Class of 2018…because I’m getting too old for this!

I’ll be going all the way out to Class of 2027, but I won’t ask @Dookster to commit that far in advance.

Thank you for that info about the 2250 being bogus, @rbkgeneral. And congratulations on being a NMSF!

If I have a 219 in NY does that qualify or did I need to be above the cutoff?