***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

@DominicBayer Are you sure you count as a Pennsylvania student? I thought I remembered you saying you were International, which is subject to a higher cut-off. I am not sure how online students are counted. Hopefully it will all work out in your favor. Fingers crossed!

@piesquared. I was also concerned that I would be counted as an international student, but I had previously asked my GC about it and she said that as the school was based in PA I would be considered as a PA test-taker. I had also read that students compete in the state where they attend school, not the state where they reside. I hope this is true and I’m being counted for PA, because if not I have no chances of becoming a SF. Thanks for the good wishes.

I guess we will all find out tomorrow. Did you complete the form with the school in PA listed?

Press releases have already started (I think they were supposed to wait until tomorrow)

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/kingwood/news/semifinalists-from-kingwood-atascocita-named-in-national-merit-scholarship-program/article_1ffde339-4074-5f69-809d-f34a0806959f.html

http://www.centraljersey.com/news/hillsborough_beacon/hillsborough-high-school-seniors-hurley-ravinder-named-national-merit-scholarship/article_6c153a06-5642-11e5-ac50-d7b1f6dc3d13.html

Does anything happen once your kid named on the list tomorrow? Do college reach out to recruit? Is it in the paper?

@Hope2achieve. Yes, I did list the school’s CEEB and name on the PSAT.

We still haven’t had any word from the school yet. I know my Daughter’s on the list but I think it’s crazy that the school still hasn’t said anything to the kids yet.

The Houston press release cited above says that NMSC has released the list of 16000 SFs, but I went on the NMSC website and nothing is posted yet. Probably a pre-release to the media and some people are jumping the gun.

Our local school district just emailed the press release with the semifinalist names. (My DD attends a different school, and has not been notified, but makes it if the list posted here is correct.) So we wait some more.

Still waiting here too in California. Nothing from the school. I’ve only looked at S16’s PSAT report about 20 times to be sure I read his score correctly. The score is absolutely above the cutoff for the state, but I worry that someone, somewhere, screwed something up.

waiting for my daughter to come home from first day of school. hoping to hear that the GC or Principal let her know because i know Fairfax County will be issuing a press release tomorrow. They do every year on same date as NMSC

My child came home from the first day today, too - still no notification from the school. Her 229 qualifies everywhere. Not sure why they haven’t notified her. Maybe I’ll read it online tomorrow.

My daughter is still at school, but got a slip to go to the principal’s office at 1:30, so unless she’s in trouble… She’s sitting at 219 in WA, Dookster’s cutoff, so looking good.

OK – I am officially angry with Fairfax Co. Virginia. No notification today. I leave town tonight and I guess I’ll have to celebrate with her on FaceTime. Or else get on the phone with NMSC to sort out the glitch.

same in duval county in florida; nothing today - very frustrating.

I emailed the GC again. If I don’t hear anything, I will be calling in the morning too. That line might be very busy.

I don’t see any local press releases either; sad if I see it in a news report before school notifies…they just sit on the letters apparently until tomorrow…hopefully.

I guess it’s comforting(-ish) that many of us are in that same boat. Makes me worry less about my kid or the school potentially screwing up if there’s too many people waiting to just be outliers.

plenty of smaller towns are beginning to honor their NMSC 2016 Semifinalist online across the country in the last 24 hours. More are coming online the last few hours. I google for “NMSC 2016 semifinalist”

@2manybooks Completely agree. Misery loves company. At least we know we are not alone.