Class of 2017 ~ Decisions

<p>I submitted the application on 25th Feb, it changed to “In Committee Review” around 2nd March and Decision was made on 17th March!!!</p>

<p>@pranavjaipur did you apply for first-year engineering?</p>

<p>I (Indian student )submitted my application was completed on 20th Feb, 2013 and after 7-8 days it went to committee review. I got my result on 13th march.</p>

<p>@pranav What are your plans on attending Purdue ?</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!!!
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING</p>

<p>Indian Student</p>

<p>Sat II maths 800, physics 780
Toefl 100
Gpa 10 (out of 10)</p>

<p>Super excited as it is my first choice …</p>

<p>ACCEPTED! College of Science. OOS. Not sure if I’ll be attending due to the ridiculous OOS tuition.</p>

<p>I got into Purdue for M.E., ACT 30 GPA 4.1 W. California resident. As such, I was rejected from EVERY CA school I applied to. An out of state resident into the same engineering programs only had to come up w/a 3.6 GPA. If some people are wondering what they did wrong. We did nothing, just happened to “think” we could get into an in state college. The state colleges are not looking out for their own any more. At least not in the hot degree fields like engineering. It seems the out of state folks get first dibs on degrees and colleges. Though the stats say that 75% of the enrolled kids are from CA, why is it that I couldn’t get into a single engineering school w/a 4.1? I’m sorry I must have displaced someone in Indiana, but they are more than welcome to come to CA!!</p>

<p>Colleges are a business. Even though public universities are subsidized by tax dollars, they still must go after the out of state and especially international students because those students pay more tuition and receive less financial aid than in state students. To a large degree, the students paying the higher rate are actually subsidizing the education of the instate students paying the lower tuition.</p>

<p>Was accepted a long time ago…</p>

<p>Pre-Med Health and Human Sciences ACT: 33
GPA: 4.24 (W) 3.94 (UW)

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC</p>

<p>Caresident, we are from CA, too, and can ditto your post. It’s very discouraging that after paying the usurious taxes here in Cali that he only got into one state university with similar stats. Maybe it will be for the best. Purdue is an awesome school, but I feel like the state let us down. USNChief, I get what you are saying, but their first obligation is to us, the taxpayers of this state. It’s wrong to let in less qualified students just because they will pay more. The reason residents get lower tuition in the first place is that we have been paying the difference in advance since our children were born!!!</p>

<p>I agree with you RuetheDay…I’m just commenting on the business end of the education marketplace these days. I wish states would provide more in the way of reciprocating attendance (and tuition) between out of state schools.</p>