Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>One more thing I forgot to add: we are now waiting to hear about our son who applied to the business school at A&M when applications opened. Still in review… He’s already been accepted to LSU, University of Alabama, and Baylor.</p>

<p>thanks for that info…… same boat here, son accepted University of Oklahoma, University of Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, but A&M is his choice. We need to make some kind of decision to reserve housing at other choices
and dont want to in March -April</p>

<p>same boat as y’all…I only applied to A&M and Baylor, already accepted to Baylor and need to make a decision about reserving housing at Baylor in case I have to go there…</p>

<p>Are there any differences between Spring and Fall semester (Academics, Scholaship. etc)? And if My SAT score increases, can I inform them?</p>

<p>For fall 2014 admission, if your application was completed by the December 2nd deadline and A&M has received ALL of the required supporting information (transcripts/class rank, test scores, etc.), you can submit UPDATED, official test scores only through January 15th.</p>

<p>If my class rank goes up and moves me to the top 10% at the end of the semester (next week) can I notify A&M or not?</p>

<p>I don’t think so. When I “chatted” online with admissions, they were pretty clear they were only considering updated test scores, not grades or ranking. You’d probably be best off checking with them directly, though.</p>

<p>Have any review admit Agriculture Majors been admitted to the Agriculture School?</p>

<p>Hi there, my application was processed on 11/14 and I applied to the College of Liberal Arts Telecommunication Media Studies. I was just wondering my chances of getting in and about when I should receive my decision based on my stats?
I am a review admit- I know some have already been admitted, so I was curious.
SAT: 1120 (CR+M) 1720 (Total)
ACT: 25
GPA: 4.9051/6.0 (School doesn’t rank, placed in 1st quarter by A&M)
2 letters of rec (1 alum)
yearbook editor, student council officer
other various clubs
spanish honor society & National honor society
I think my essays are fairly good, I did all three. </p>

<p>Im sort of nervous, it’s the only college I’m waiting on. Anyone have any insight?
Thanks and gig’em</p>

<p>@samuabe: really? Thanks you so much! I thought they just accepted scores arrive before deadline!!!</p>

<p>You are welcome. I found this out from an advisor at my Prospective Student Center a few weeks ago and verified with the admissions office, so I took the SAT again this past weekend. I’m hoping my score will increase enough to move me into the automatic admission category, although I doubt I’ll get my first choice major.</p>

<p>This is the best news (for both of us) haha, yes though I am an auto-admit, I am still shaking while waiting (and dying) to be in the Engineering school. aweeeeee please GOD!</p>

<p>If I’m out of state can I still get the top 25%, 1300 sat auto admission?</p>

<p>Talked to someone from admissions and she said that they expect to give out all decisions by the February</p>

<p>@haha778 yes, you are eligible for academic admit status if you’re OOS, provided you meet all the criteria:</p>

<p>Applicants qualify for automatic academic admission (but not necessarily to the major of choice), if they successfully complete the minimum required coursework and:
• rank in the top quarter of their graduating class;
• achieve a combined SAT Math and SAT Critical Reading score of at least 1300 with a test score of at least 600 in each of these components; or achieve a composite ACT score of at least 30 with a test score of at least 27 in ACT Math and ACT English (students must take the writing component of the SAT and/or ACT in order for the test score to be considered);
• meet the State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy; and
• ensure all required credentials are received by the freshman closing date.</p>

<p>Here’s the link [Freshman</a> | How to be Admitted - Office of Admissions | Texas A&M University](<a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted]Freshman”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted)</p>

<p>Got admitted just now; however, into Engineering review because all engineering spots are full, and they will announce the remaining spots through review…*yay! :confused: *</p>

<p>StarSeraph Just out of curiosity, were you an auto admit? Oh and congratualtions by the way!</p>

<p>Still on Step 2…they haven’t processed my transcripts yet :confused: They received them on November 26th though! Ah I have no shot at getting into engineering now, this is depressing.</p>

<p>Re #516 & #517 - I read StarSeraph’s previous posts. She posted earlier that she was a auto-admit and submitted her application on thanksgiving day.</p>

<p>I am an auto-admit and submitted mine on 11/21/2013. Still on step 3. Should I call them :O?</p>