Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>Bark39 what step are you on? Sorry to hear you didn’t get into COE. You’re a very competitive applicant! Can’t believe you didn’t get in</p>

<p>bark39—when did you apply?</p>

<p>Didn’t you have to have 1st &2nd choice majors in COE to be considered in the review/last group of COE admits?</p>

<p>bark: when you say you’re major changed to chemistry was that your second choice and they moved it to number 1 or what? Just wondering how I’ll know if they change my major in AIS. I have 1.business and 2. education</p>

<p>I am on step 3. I applied on Dec 1 because I was unaware it was rolling (stupid on my part) and I put chemistry as my second choice major</p>

<p>How long does it take to hear back as an auto-admit and on “Step 3” of the application status? I’ve been on three for almost a week or so.</p>

<p>Has anyone heard from any of the honors programs? Seems like some heard around this time last year</p>

<p>I heard from business honors but not the university honors</p>

<p>Got accepted but they changed my major to “Engineering Review” and college as “Undeclared College” :’(
Second major choice still shows MechE. Can I go straight into that instead?
Btw my stats:
SATs: 2190 (710 CR, 770 M, 710 W)
(1480 M+CR)
GPA: 94.5/100 (Top 14% according to tamu)
500+ volunteer hours
Member of ARISTA (National Honors Society)</p>

<p>Smashley1 - sorry lol about to bombard you with questions… 1) when did you apply? 2) what are your stats? 3) were you accepted or denied/deferred from business honors? and 4) when/how did you hear from them?
Annxiously awaiting their response…</p>

<p>1) I applied August 1st
2)stats: top 13%, 28 ACT, 1970 SAT, many extra currciculars, service hours, and leadership positions, many awards as well, NHS
3)denied business honors but they said to still apply for university honors or apply my first semester next year
4)the business school emailed me October 16th</p>

<p>Still waiting. Just sick to my stomach…
Applied August 1 - Mechanical Engr 1st choice, Petro Engr 2nd choice.
6.4 GPA weighted, Top 12%, 600CR/680MATH/590WRITING
All honors core classes, 3 AP classes
Eagle Scout, NHS, lots of service hours, extracurricular, employed
Worried that I will not have a chance of getting in :(<br>
3 Letters of Recommendation… 1 from active alum</p>

<p>Just out of curiosity, have any business review applicants received a decision yet?</p>

<p>^ I have not heard back yet and neither have any of my friends who are business review applicants as well…so irritating waiting this long :(</p>

<p>Just was admitted to the College of Science for Chemistry!</p>

<p>Here was my timeline:
Applied- Dec 1
Processed Date- Dec 9
Got tabs on Howdy- Dec 14
Decision- Dec 17</p>

<p>SO excited! Good luck to everyone else! Gig 'em!</p>

<p>Bark did you get OOS tuition waiver?</p>

<p>I don’t think we find out til later but not yet. Does anyone know if I have to fill out the FAFSA even if I won’t qualify for need-based?</p>

<p>@bark
What do you mean by “got tabs on howdy”?</p>

<p>Accepted with undeclared major as an “engineering review” applicant. I’ll have to wait a while to see what major I’ll get.</p>

<p>@JD1327 Congrat!! Could you please explain what this means? Does is mean that you have been accepted in to the engineering program but will be placed in a major after your 1st year as described on their website? You were auto admit, correct?</p>