Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>@chanceme1830 This is very upsetting to read. How about all those students that have been admitted that will not accept. Surely that will open up more spots? I know so many people that are not accepting. What happens to the spots that are passed up? Also, did you just send them an email or did you call as well?</p>

<p>I applied in September. I’m out-of-state and just missed being an academic admit. I have a 32 ACT, 2060/1390 SAT, and a 4.5/3.8 GPA. My class rank is only top 29% due to being a military kid and moving between my sophomore and junior year. I’m very concerned that I am not going to be accepted. What are my chances?</p>

<p>People, if you’re asking people to chance you, indicate which school or major. That can be a huge difference.</p>

<p>So tomorrow’s the big day! We’ll most likely get our CoE decisions tomorrow!</p>

<p>Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>@GOTTABEANAGGIE
I didn’t call them…I just emailed them.
that’s an interesting point maybe they’ll send out the last few decisions to COE in march-may.</p>

<p>@chanceme1830 my parents seem to think they use some type of formula to account for this up front and wouldn’t make adjustments later. Sounds like today is the day. Based on previous posts there seems to be some merit in how many tabs you have to designate your progress in the review process. I have been sitting with 2 tabs since the day they processed my application. I guess that means things aren’t looking good for me.</p>

<p>step 3 on AIS
and 2 tabs on Howdy
:confused: Hope for the best( prepare for the worst)</p>

<p>Surprised we haven’t seen any posts yet this 1/15. Would think there would be a lot of people posting by now…</p>

<p>I was reading on another forum where someone who works with tamu admissions posted that jan 15th is the deadline to be considered for COE. One of the users called them just to confirm if this were true and the person who answered was unaware of this deadline and still said that we would hear in feb-march.</p>

<p>This gives me some hope…but that email I got( posted above) brings me back to reality</p>

<p>Edit from earlier post:</p>

<p>I applied to the College of Engineering in September. I’m out-of-state and just missed being an academic admit. I have a 32 ACT, 2060/1390 SAT, and a 4.5/3.8 GPA. My class rank is only top 29% due to being a military kid and moving between my sophomore and junior year. I’m very concerned that I am not going to be accepted. What are my chances?</p>

<p>Guys Jan 15th has almost ended here…Thank god for the time difference
I’m gonna sleep(Can’t handle the wait)…Keep posting …Best of luck!</p>

<p>@^^
Your standardized test scores are way above average…i think you have a great chance of getting in:) Only thing that can hurt you might be your rank…although i think your rank is quite commendable.</p>

<p>lilelmo - did you document that you moved due to a PCS during HS? That would probably go in your favor since this school does deal with several military kids. Your ACT score will help boost your case too. I think you chances are better than a similar student with the same class rank - it would also explain the difference in performance at school vs. on the ACT. If you didn’t explain your move, you should send in an explanation asap. Good luck!</p>

<p>Just got accepted academic auto admit
Top quarter, 3.6 UW, 4.25 W GPA
2050 SAT (710 W 690 M 650 CR)
I got into Mayes so I don’t know if the rumors earlier in the thread about Mayes bent full were true. </p>

<p>By the way for any auto admits still waiting, I sent admissions an email because I was tired of waiting and they put up my admission two days later so that’s something you may want to do</p>

<p>Congratulations haha778. Ive been checking every 5 minutes. Do you think it would make a difference to email admissions as a review candidate?</p>

<p>RE: lilelmo post #690
I think you have an excellent chance of acceptance to A&M.
But I don’t have a clue about what COE expects.</p>

<p>Your ACT/SAT scores are in the Top 2% (ACT) and 12% (SAT) of the national, and given A&Ms Top 25% requirement is 30/1300, your test scores place you higher. You tested far higher than your HS rank indicates - or that is one bear of a competitive school!</p>

<p>One look at your HS transcript will explain the “Top 29%” outlier - your change of HS school in midstream.</p>

<p>There might be a lot of review admit apps sitting at COE right now - and the AIS simply has not yet updated that status to us. In this forum I have only found ONE review (international student) that has been accepted - and notified - by A&M.</p>

<p>I read that AIS updates mostly on Tuesdays and Thursdays - so tomorrow might be good news.</p>

<p>@gotttabe…cant hurt to give it a try i just don’t know if you’ll get such a fast response, i did it because the estimated wait for auto admits was 2-4 weeks and it has been more than that</p>

<p>Nothing changed on my AIS…what about you guys
anyone on step 4?</p>

<p>Nothing. Maybe they just needed to approve those that would be admitted by the end of today and will update AIS later?</p>

<p>Accepted today before 12pm. Accepted to School of Education and Human Development as a Health Major. 4.02 GPA, 26 on ACT, top 10%. Really excited!</p>

<p>^so you were automatic?</p>