Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>@smashley1 Congrats!!! And I got my packet nearly a week after I was accepted, but I live in Virginia. I’m sure yours will come sooner :)</p>

<p>Smashley you should get the letter in a week or two:)</p>

<p>@shadowgunkiller Did you go ahead and accept the admission on AIS even though you are under engineering review?</p>

<p>Accepted today as review applicant. Major changed to Engineering Review. Letter states that students should be notified on or around the 15th concerning engineering selections. Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>@shadowgunkiller my 1st choice major stayed the same (business) and then under correspondence there is a letter saying like “congrats on your offer to Texas A&M” blah blah blah and it says school:_____ major:____ and stuff like that.</p>

<p>Thanks to everyone who congratulated me! I am sooooooo excited and cannot wait to be a part of the Aggie Class of 2018!! WHOOPPP GIG EM!</p>

<p>@ GOTTABEANAGGIE No,my parents won’t let me accept unless they are sure the offer is for engineering. And, to be honest, I want to do only engineering, even though I love TAMU. My question was, do we get to know our major, only after we accept the offer.</p>

<p>You got in good job smashley knew you would get in</p>

<p>I applied on september 1st and am still waiting to hear back, my ACT is a 28 (Math=30,CR=29, Sci=30) and i have a weighted GPA of 2.9 of 4.0 and in 3rd quarter(#52/103) and i have done all 3 essays, i have over 120 community service hours and have worked at Starbucks for the past year, also Team captain of my varsity baseball, varsity soccer and varsity football teams. do i have a chance of getting in? also i go to a competitive college prep school so most top quarter are looking at ivy schools to put my grades in perspective</p>

<p>Matty j24, what is the major you have applied for? </p>

<p>Our Stats are similar. I have a 2.8 unweighted gpa doing the full IB diploma and going to a really tough college preparatory school and a 1300 ( which is auto-admit SAT score (700 M and 600 CR). I also have 275 hours of community service and an internship with an NGO. I play varsity soccer and am president of my broadcasting club plus multiple other clubs. I am assigned second quarter though. </p>

<p>I think you have a fair chance of getting in but it depends on your major. If you are out for business or engineering, I would say no as your rank would just not support you. However, if you are going to their liberal arts school, I would say that you have a fair chance thanks to your ACT and your activities. I am surprised that even though you have an ACT of 28, your weighted gpa is only a 2.9…</p>

<p>SD1996 i applied for communications in the liberal arts school. the reason for my poor gpa is freshman and sophomore year my gpa is because i had a bad couple of years. my senior gpa right now is a 3.4 so that is really where i am, just the first two years of immaturity hurt me in the long run.</p>

<p>Yeah, don’t worry too much about it now. Whats happened has happened. We have to move on and be better. Do you have an AP classes? Because what I think is going to happen is that admissions will be delighted by your 28 ACT and your activities but they will question your gpa and course rigor.</p>

<p>Yeah I took 1 ap my junior year and 3 aps this year</p>

<p>Congrats guys!!
I still haven’t heard:/
step 3…
Applied on 11/28</p>

<p>@smashley1 - My son was accepted in Sep I think and it took about one week to get the package in the mail and he applied within the first week of August. It could take longer with all of the apps they are processing. His tabs went to 4 in Howdy before the packet came.</p>

<p>@shadowgunkiller. I accepted the admission and nothing changed. I’m guessing we need to keep checking AIS. I would hope that if we have to register for NSC by 2/1 that we will know soon. Why won’t your parents let you accept. You only confirm your acceptance when you sign up for NSC?</p>

<p>Re: the post stating admission depends on your major, that is incorrect (at least at Texas A&M). Per the admission office, the choice of major you list on the application has absolutely no bearing on the admission decision. If you are accepted and your first and second choice majors are filled, you will be asked to declare a new major</p>

<p>^click on correspondence and download the pdf that is next to the one with your home address on it. It will tell you your major!</p>

<p>For those wondering, I applied August 1st and just found out yesterday that I got into the business school…Checked Howdy today and had 4 tabs but yesterday I still only had 2</p>

<p>So did anyone else receive a CoE decision on 15th or later? I haven’t received mine yet, and I am wondering when I will…</p>

<p>I too didn’t receive my COE decision(still Engineering review). I called TAMU and they said they will declare major near the and of jan and beginning of Feb.</p>

<p>still on-Step 3
no news yet
1st and 2nd major both engineering…none of my friends(COE applicants) have heard yet…so I guess we have to wait for some more time.</p>