Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>Is A&M only sending out acceptances for CoE right now? I’m an AG applicant and the suspense is killing me! I don’t know if I can handle waiting until March…</p>

<p>Nope…they’re sending decisions to everyone.</p>

<p>Applied 8/22/13 and haven’t received a decision
SAT: 1610 (620 Math, 470 Critical Reading, 520 Writing)
ACT: 26 (26 Math, 24 English, 25 Reading, 28 Science, 23 Writing)
IB Diploma Candidate
Major Choice: Interdisciplinary Studies-Special Education
2 Recommendation letters
Organizations:
-Officer on High School Drill team
-National Honor Society </p>

<p>Chances of getting accepted?</p>

<p>your chances are on the lower side(low reach).</p>

<p>If my two majors still are engineering on howdy and ais and I have not been accepted to the university do I still have a chance to get into COE or are only people whose howdy says engineering review and have been accepted to A&M being considered?</p>

<p>I think I have been approved for Chemical Engineering at A&M. I checked my AIS today, and this is what it said (not too sure about this though, but I have been taken out of Engineering Review):</p>

<p>Choice College Major (Preference) Degree
1 Dwight Look College of Engr Engineering (Chemical) Bachelors Degree - Unspecified
2 Dwight Look College of Engr Biomedical Engineering Bachelor of Science</p>

<p>Recapping…</p>

<p>After Reading all the posts here and other A&M threads, it looks like a few, very few, decisions are trickling in for all colleges/schools.</p>

<p>I find one review app decision notification for College of Ag - CoAg (1/17), one for Mays School of Business - Mays (1/16), one for Look College of Eng - CoE. (1/16), and one for College of Science - CoS (1/14). Nice spread.</p>

<p>Review candidates for all but CoE were notified of both acceptance to A&M and acceptance to their choice college/school at the same time. The CoE was notified of A&M acceptance and degree status changed to “Engineering Review” - and still under review. </p>

<p>So… that would indicate that an applicant might be admitted to A&M and the application sent to the major college, and AFTER the major college decides then the applicant is notified of A&M accept and major acceptance both at the same time - except for CoE. </p>

<p>But this a miniscule sample of reports - the CoE may be an anomaly or a norm - Who knows! A&M says we will be notified after the admit decision is made - but does not say the same day - maybe not the same week/month? </p>

<p>The review’s stats, posted in the forum, are:
CoE, SAT 680M 600CR, Top12%
CoS, ACT 29, Q1 (International Student)
Mays, SAT 1280, Top12%
CoAg, SAT 520M 530CR, Q1 (Out of State)</p>

<p>So… looks like, maybe, for CoE, SAT 1280/12% is good enough to get into A&M and then to CoE review. For CoAg it was SAT 1080/Q1. A very wide SAT spread.</p>

<p>Assuming only 2% of the review applicants will post updates here, and guessing that there are 10,000 review applicants, then we should be hearing from ~200 applicants - and yet as of today we have only 4. </p>

<p>Thus, IMO, A&M is either way behind in the review decisions, or has made substantial numbers of A&M admit decisions but is not releasing that until after the college/school decides too. Or both. (Note that 2 of the 4 released and posted decisions are from international and out-of-state).</p>

<p>My GUESS is that a flood of decisions (the other 9996 guesstimated review applicants) will start coming out between 1/31 and 2/15 - because there simply are so few “review slots” available in CoE and Mays. </p>

<p>FWIW.</p>

<p>Got into COE today :slight_smile: got an email
Stats posted earlier</p>

<p>5am congrats!! I don’t send you’re stats, what were they again?</p>

<p>Chances for dd 31 ACT, 3.3 unweighted with rig course laid and attends well known competive TX hS lots of ec’s and letter of rec from astronaut 500 community service, GS gold award negative poor class rank apllued to LA as tele communication major on Aug 1</p>

<p>Rate chances for Dd
31 Act 3.3 GPA with rigorous course load, many ec’s such officer (pres and vp) 2 organizations varsity athlete 2 sports, 500 community service, has job with management exp 3 years, GS with gold award, good loc (one from astronaut)<br>
Negative class rank in 40’s attends very competitive hS in Texas
Applied Aug 1 to liberal arts as telecommunications media major</p>

<p>Class rank is so important to A&M and UT. Being that low in the rankings will make it difficult.</p>

<p>Cfisher thanks!
SAT: 2190 (770 M 710 R 710 W)
94.5/100 (Top 13%)
Senior course load - AP chemistry, AP calculus BC, Honors Physics, Honors Government, Honors English, Honors Latin
500+ service hours
Worked pretty hard on essays</p>

<p>@5am6996 Congrats!!! Amazing scores! You earned your spot for sure. Keeping the faith…</p>

<p>Great Job!! I’m hoping for the same results! Only 2030 SAT and 31 ACT but I’m hoping 3% class rank makes up for it!</p>

<p>My son goes to a very competitive high school also. Top 40 equals top 10 at most high schools. Admissions counselor told us they are very aware of the highly competitive schools and take it into consideration during review.</p>

<p>Texas resident in the same boat, if she was at a diff hS she would have had guaranteed admit. Her HS usually has a very high rate of non guaranteed admits that get accepted but I’m worried with the mess that they made last year letting 1K freshmen in that they are being overly conservative this year. So frustrated that we already missed dorm deadline waiting and if she does get in and decides to go she’ll have to off campus. If they don’t let her know soon, it’s not going to matter. They started out as her number 1 choice but she’s 98 percent decided on diff university</p>

<p>@CLBamaMom I was just admitted last week and was able to apply for dorms. Do you mind sharing your info on dorm deadlines? I think there is still time for dorms. May not get your choice tho…It is my understanding that it is ongoing.</p>

<p>Deadline for dorm dep was 1/14, that’s what we heard. TAMU does not have enough dorms even with new ones to house all fresh, that’s why they aren’t required to live in a dorm. Was told 2 weeks ago there were still some left but limited as to choices. Friends daughter got admitted early jan last year and ended up at Carlyle because of dorms already being full . If you are willing to be in a quad room and potluck for roommate choice you might be fine</p>

<p>@CLBamaMom FYI I was able to apply and pay for the Campus Housing Application Fee and Deposit on 1/18. No mention of deadline and received a receipt as well. Should your daughter get admitted make sure and go through the steps just to be on the safe side.</p>