Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>Hey guys! I just spoke to someone from TAMU Housing and they told me that space is filling up and close to full so they are going to have to stop housing at the end of THIS MONTH. Therefore, if you haven’t been admitted by Jan. 31 you can’t get on campus housing :confused: I still have yet to hear back so this sucks for me…</p>

<p>There are other options like off campus dorms, the Traditon, Cambridge and Calloway. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Cambridge is the furthest, Traditions is very close. Of course, not what you’d hoped for but, hey, be happy you are accepted and the rest will fall into place.</p>

<p>I know someone in the top 50%, not top 40%, who got in for this year. But in her case, she was NMSF. She did not make finalist though.</p>

<p>I got admitted like a month ago but I hadn’t even thought of paying the dorm deposit yet. I’m not going to know whether I’m going to A&M until April. If I paid it then, would they just not have housing for me?</p>

<p>HateBeinSober - Yes, I think you might not have on-campus housing if you want much longer. I would check with ResLife and ask but I think they filled up at the end of January last year.</p>

<p>Thanks guys! So glad I finally got admitted. Now hoping for the in state tuition waiver! Btw does anyone know how the off campus housing is? Is it just better to live on campus?</p>

<p>Howdy everybody!
My S was put into the major-engineering review last month. It is very disappointing that he wasn’t accepted into his favored major.
Today he just got admitted into the Dwight Look college of Engineering ,major:unspecified(preference-PetE). </p>

<p>Could somebody please tell me the chance he can enter his favored major?
We are still worrying whether he can take his favored major in the end.</p>

<p>thx a lot</p>

<p>Lily70, This system is brand new, so there is no history as to chances to obtain your desired major. On the plus side, if he had applied last year (or any year prior) your son would have NOT gotten his major Petroleum Engineering as it would have already been full prior to his processing date. In the business major, it is GPA & completion of prerequisites that is used to determine admission to upper division. Guessing they would use the same finite criteria. To better his chances of success in keeping a high GPA, take a summer course so that the class load is lessened (just some advice from a mom).</p>

<p>Just got an email… Officially in at the COE!!
Stats:
Sat1: 1370 (750m;620cr)
Sat2: 770math 2
Top 25% (as assigned by admissions… School doesnt rank)</p>

<p>@Lily70 - That sounds similar to my son who was accepted in August. His AIS says</p>

<p>Major(Preference)=Engineering (Petroleum)</p>

<p>As stated above, it is a new system and I don’t think anyone really knows the process to be fully admitted to the desired major.</p>

<p>The wait is killing me!</p>

<p>Thank you very much Agmomx2 and Kaldat1 !</p>

<p>I have forwarded Agmomx2’s post to my son, he really appreciated your advise.</p>

<p>I applied in Nov. after visiting the school (I’m from Florida)
Applied for International Studies - College of Liberal Arts
SAT - 2000 (760 CR; 620 M; 620 WR)
ACT - 30 (34 CR; 34 WR; 27 SCI; 26 M)
GPA - 3.0/4.0
Class Rank - 40%</p>

<p>I received a scholarship from the Corps of Cadets when I visited, I’m hoping that will help my packet…
I’m ready to start pulling my hair out! Good thing I won’t need if I get in and join the Corps!</p>

<p>^telliott - That’s funny! Good luck!</p>

<p>My major on AIS changed today from Engineering Review to Engineering Mechanical. I’m hoping that means I’m in. I have not received a letter via email as others are posting nor is it under my correspondence tab. Can anyone tell me how long it took for the email to follow after the change on AIS?</p>

<p>My son got in last week. International Studies. SAT 2040 Eagle scout. Out of state Corps of Cadets scholarship. Math 550 CR 750 Writing 740.</p>

<p>@GOTTABEANAGGIE - I don’t think we ever got an email. Just found out online and then later received a packet in the mail.</p>

<p>@kldat1 Did your packet acknowledge both admittance to the university and college? Is there anything under your correspondence tab? Mine only shows the admission decision.</p>

<p>Thought I would let yall know that I spoke to an admissions counselor at a prospective student center this afternoon and the College of Engineering is officially 100% full. Students who listed their only majors as engineering majors can still be accepted but will be asked to change majors. I am very disappointed in this school.</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure the letter did show the major too. Also online showed the major.</p>