Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>Didn’t get in to engineering. I was sort of expecting it since I applied in late November.
Here’s an overview of my stats for reference:
GPA: 3.63 UW / 4.22 W
Top 15% Class Rank
Scores: 31 ACT / 1930 SAT
In-state
Majors: 1st Petrol. / 2nd Comp Sci.
No recommendations, only submitted A & B for essays.
I’m a bit sad, but I should have applied much earlier. </p>

<p>Same as above.
GPA: 93% in 11th, 10/10 CGPA in 9th and 10th
Top 10% in class
SAT: 1940( CR:620, M:700, W: 620), so auto admit
International student
Majors: 1st Mech Engg/2nd Pet Engg
1 recommendation A and B essay.
I got a mail today saying that they can’t offer me a place in COE, so I have to change my major.
However,I don’t know why but my AIS still shows my major as Engineering Review.
Guess I will not attend TAMU now.</p>

<p>Anyone else having trouble signing up for NSC? Website shows no conference times available and to check back later. Sign up was suppose to begin on February 1st.</p>

<p>Yup, same issue here. Real question is was anyone successful in signing up?</p>

<p>Not yet.</p>

<p>Just registered for my son’s New Student Conference. Just keep refreshing the page and it will eventually appear. So excited for my boy!</p>

<p>It’s open and 5 & 6 are gone already. :-/</p>

<p>Admitted to Business Honors with 4.0 UW GPA, lots of honors/AP classes, lots of leadership, and 2150 SAT :)</p>

<p>Has anyone gotten into biomedical sciences w/ around a 1620 SAT score? My weighted GPA is 3.7.</p>

<p>My son just got two additional tabs on his portal. These tabs were not there this morning. The additional tabs are My Record and My Finances. I hope this is a good sign!</p>

<p>4 tabs on howdy as of this morning. hoping this is something to be excited about!</p>

<p>kskow22 and FutureTexasAggie, Yes, getting 4 tabs on Howdy is the first indicator that you have been accepted! Congrats. Keep you eye on the “correspondence” tab at the bottom of your AIS page, and your acceptance letter will be there before you ever see anything in the mail. Could take a week+ to get the info in the U.S. mail!</p>

<p>What/ where are the four tabs on howdy? I feel like I have had “4 tabs” for a while. What do they say on them?</p>

<p>Thanks Aggieboys. We are excited and ready to get that acceptance and to schedule everything.</p>

<p>Ifh380, on <a href=“https://howdy.tamu.edu”>https://howdy.tamu.edu</a>, at first there is are two tabs, a Home tab and an Applicant tab. When more tabs appear, you will see a My Record tab and a My Finance tab. My son applied at the beginning of October and we finally saw four tabs on Sunday.</p>

<p>futureTexasAggie, do you think the fact that I also applied to TAMU Galveston and was accepted a long time ago is the reason I have had four tabs for so long? I applied to TAMU in september. </p>

<p>lfh380, I don’t know, but that sounds like a logical reason. From everything I have read, four tabs means the person will eventually get accepted. Good luck to you! The wait is very stressful.</p>

<p>I applied late October and I still have not gotten a response from A&M. I know review admits who have gotten admitted and applied in late November. Does this mean its safe it say that I got rejected?</p>

<p>Texashopeful96, my son’s application was processed on Oct 9th and he just got four tabs on Sunday (which may or may not be a sign that he is close to being admitted). I think somebody said that they will have the majority of decisions out by the end of this month. Didn’t somebody say only 1700 decisions have been made for review applicants out of a total of 5000 that will be made?</p>

<p>what is the latest possible date to get a acceptance/deny?? </p>

<p>I don’t know if this matters but I applied to the Liberal Arts college </p>

<p>This was posted on the Texags forum on January 21st:</p>

<p>TAMUAdmissions</p>

<p>“Approximately 1,700 decisions have been made out of the holistic review pool. We are still on track to send most student’s final decisions by the end of February. There could be a few that trickle out in early March, but it will be very minimal (less than 1,000).”</p>

<p><a href=“http://forums.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2230552&page=7&forum_id=17”>http://forums.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2230552&page=7&forum_id=17&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;