Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>My daughter just got admitted. 3.9 gpa, top 13% and 1180 (verbal+Math). she had her major as Biomedical and 2nd option as Biology, today morning both options changed to Biology and in the evening it showed step 5 to accept the admission.</p>

<p>My daughter got admitted today to College of Architecture University Studies (Global Arts). 3.7 GPA, top 22%, 27 ACT. </p>

<p>My daughter got accepted yesterday to college of the liberal arts college, major sociology. OOS (Florida), 3.8 uw GPA, 11% rank, 10 AP classes, 11 Honors classes, 1840 SAT, 28 ACT, lot of EC.</p>

<p>Congratulations to all of you! @skjacob - I am disappointed that they changed her major. We were told that Biomedical is an open major that is not capped. Were you under the same impression? Again, best wishes and good luck to all these future Aggies.</p>

<p>Has anyone heard anything back from the College of Education and Health? My major is pre-nursing but I haven’t seen anything on here about anyone getting accepted to that school that’s a review applicant.</p>

<p>@txmom99 - thanks. Sorry for getting confused, i mean BioMedical Engineering. BioMedical Science is still available</p>

<p>@bstimson Are you applying to the College of Science and Health as a current sophomore student? My child wants to be a nurse, but they said the she would have to study BioMedical and then be admitted to the Texas A&M Health Science Center. So as an incoming Freshmen she picked her major to be BioMedical, BioChem as second choice. However, after so many applications I tend to get confused! :)</p>

<p>Does anyone know when the merit money decisions be made? And does anyone have any idea how an in-state tuition waver works/how hard they are to get???</p>

<p>Some merit decisions have already been made and letters have been received. I don’t know the process well enough to know if more are coming or how it affects OOS students.</p>

<p>OOS tuition waivers are attached to certain competitive scholarships of at least $1000. They can be one year or renewable for four years. You may get more than one that is eligible, you may also get a scholarship that is NOT eligible- it will be explained on the award letter. As far as difficulty goes, it’s hard to say - there’s no chart like some schools have ( this score & % ) but obviously the higher your stats, the better your chances from what I was told most scholarships are based on holistic approach. </p>

<p>@txmom99 I’m applying to be a freshman next year, but, I think this is what you mean, we can’t be admitted to a nursing major until sophomore year! So I did my first choice major as health as an incoming freshman. But I didn’t talk to anyone like y’all did so I may have done it wrong! Has your daughter been accepted?</p>

<p>Has anyone heard back fromt he College of Engineering? I was admitted into the general university instead of my intended major? Can I change back into the CoE after attending to Tamu? :(</p>

<p>Yes, u can but it will be very hard and is a big risk.</p>

<p>@Dzoikoan96 - you may want to visit the Tex Ags Admissions forum page. There is a TAMU advisor who has addressed that question directly. I don’t think a link will post here but: <a href=“http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/17/Topics/2230552”>http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/17/Topics/2230552&lt;/a&gt;. Go to the last couple of pages and the issue of COE is discussed. Good Luck!</p>

<p>@bstimson No, my daughter has not been admitted - she tried to get in as a BioMedical major. However we have read on the Tex Ags forum that there are only 60 spaces left in BioMedical - so I am thinking that she will be loving life at another school! But, the TAMU advisor on Tex Ags has said that everyone should know something by the first of March. It is going to be a long 2 1/2 weeks around my house! Best wishes to you on being admitted!</p>

<p>Txmom99 I applied for the biomedical science as my second choice major and I’m hoping to be placed into that area of study being that the business school is full. I know of one student who has been admitted to it, but other than that nothing. I know it is not as popular as other majors so hopefully 60 spots will be enough. The wait is absolutely killing me!</p>

<p>Keep holding on guys! We will all find out by February 28th, only 18 more days to wait…</p>

<p>Does your AIS or Howdy update if you are rejected, or do you just get the letter in the mail?</p>

<p>Just found 4 tabs this morning and an email about I-20 processing. I think this means I’m admitted.</p>

<p>If anyone’s curious, I applied for physics. I’m an international Texas applicant, 3.3 GPA, 2120 SAT, rank of about 27%, significant performance and self-study in mathematics and physics. </p>

<p>@Godot17 Congratulations! </p>