Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>carl91, the difficulty of admission with regards to any well-respected program or university is basically related to the number of applicants and the strength of their stats. Many of the kids that hope to attend A&M are wanting the intangibles that US News and Cappax don’t measure, making it highly desired, especially to Texas residents. </p>

<p>MOMSRK2018 - according to the admissions office, some denials have gone out.; but I can’t imagine it’s very many.</p>

<p>rara14 - 3-4K more, including Blinn and Gateway. Actually, most of them will be Blinn and Gateway based on the numbers.</p>

<p>Well,I just got denied today :(( . So sad!!
Congratulations to all of y’all who have/will get in!!</p>

<p>@amygirl19 what did the page look like when you got denied? I just want to be able to prepare for the worst…</p>

<p>Yes tell us! Lol</p>

<p>@Armygirl19 would you mind posting your stats? </p>

<p>I haven’t even gotten my decision yet?</p>

<p>Well I logged into the AIS account and it says “Respond To Admissions Decision [You Are Here]” in yellow. Under that it says “click here to respond to the decision for this application. " I clicked that and it sends me to another page that is basically the letter I will receive to congratulate me of my rejection lol. This is what it says word for word"Thank you for your interest in Texas A&M University. This year’s applicant pool is very competitive, and the number of high achieving, admissible applicants for Fall 2014 freshman admission exceeds the number of students we can accommodate in our freshman class. While we are unable to offer you full admission at this time, we are pleased to offer you the following option:
Participation in Texas A&M’s Program for System Admission (PSA)…”</p>

<p>I am really sorry @carl91 a&m is basically first come first serve. They let in as early as you applied. That sucks I told my friends in school to apply early, they didn’t listen so now they don’t think they will get in</p>

<p>@135pipe that’s not necessarily true, because I applied beginning of September and all of my documents and everything were processed by September 20th and I still haven’t heard back. I don’t really know how A&M makes their decisions, because I applied earlier and had significantly higher test scores and GPA than a lot of people I’ve seen post on here who have been accepted and I still haven’t heard anything back.</p>

<p>@Carl91, when you are OOS you don’t know about the TX top 10% law which really skews the academic charts on this school (more so than UT) because it is combined with rolling admissions. The figures & charts on admissions don’t factor that in (or reveal it) so you get a abnormally high admission rate with lower test score stats. Had you been a TX resident, you would have been an auto admit and early application date would have granted you a spot in engineering. 94% of this university are TX residents so, the charts are primarily the stats of a resident. It would be nice if they wrote that in the notes, but they don’t. In reality, the stats for this school are completely useless since they don’t break them out into the three groups: top 10%, academic admits & holistic reviews.</p>

<p>Oh wow. I had no clue I was competing with 6% of out of state applicants! I just find it strange how there are better schools out there that are more easy to get into for out of state applicants. Anybody here know if websites like ■■■■■■■■■■ or parchment.com are reliable? To me, it seems not.</p>

<p>@carl91 In my limited experience I think that Texas A&M is going through tremendous changes in the way that it admits students. They are receiving record numbers of applications and have now become the largest public university in the state of Texas. Also, A&M and UT are unique because they have state mandated auto admission requirements. In a state where the level of public school education varies greatly (even within a school district) - they are continually having to balance the mix of “qualified auto admits who can handle the rigors of UT and A&M” and “auto admits from less than stellar public high schools who will probably not be able to do the work”. Therefore, they are having to become very aggressive in selecting the best possible admits for remaining “non auto admit” slots. Most states do not care about class rank - Texas still does. I also think that A&M is partial to admitting “Aggies” - meaning people who have ties to the University. Aggie Alum are extremely loyal - and I think that admissions may take that into consideration (although that is purely my opinion and can not be documented in any way!). Please know I am writing from the perspective of a parent of a very good student, whose stats exactly match the admits from the class of 2013. And, sadly, I don’t think that my student will be granted full admission. Good Luck to all of you, and to those who didn’t get in…you are still going to be amazing and wonderful people. :)</p>

<p>Does anyone know if they are still sending out acceptances, or is it all just declines and Blinn and Gateway at this point?</p>

<p>Txmom99 I agree with your observations and our students stats sound similar, except we are loyal Aggie Alumni and our son has not heard. He applied mid August. Good news is he has other options with nice merit scholarships and he has made his choice. His school of choice really made him feel like they wanted him and so it all works out for the best. </p>

<p>@bstimson - from the Tex Ags Admissions Forum Yesterday:</p>

<p>ashtyn_0027, CCSINTX, and everyone else --</p>

<p>As I’ve already mentioned on this thread, TAMU is scheduled to send all final decisions by the end of the month (we even posted this on our Admissions website). We will be sending offers of full admission, Blinn TEAM, Gateway and denial letters over the course of the next 3 weeks. In other words, all applicants for Fall 2014 will receive a decision by the end of the month.</p>

<p>Based on my experience, my guess is that we will send approximately 3K-4K more offers of admission. Please understand this is only a guess and I’m basing that statement on what I’ve seen happen in the past. Many students should hear this week before Aggieland Saturday, but not everyone will. It’s fine to attend any of the sessions you or your student are interested in.</p>

<p>I hope this is helpful. Hang in there folks!</p>

<p>@carl91 The stats are accurate on cappex and parchment. For most schools (with truly holistic application process), they’re fair predictors. Because of all the factors that have been explained above, they don’t tell the whole story at Texas A&M. So in this case admission to a “better” school might be easier than a offer for admission from A&M. </p>

<p>I got received my acceptance on Saturday. I applied ~November 3rd. I got into my first choice major (Animal Science). Was not expecting to get in so it was a pleasant surprise. (:</p>

<p>Stats!
GPA: 3.2</p>

<p>SAT CR: 710
SAT Math: 610
SAT Writing: 680
Composite: 2000</p>

<p>ACT Math: 29
ACT Science: 27
ACT Reading: 34
ACT English: 33
Composite: 31</p>

<p>Ohemmegge</p>

<p>Congrats on your acceptance.
Would you mind posting your class rank ?</p>

<p>@Scribs My school doesn’t officially rank (small college prep school) but technically I am 31 out of 50 which sounds terrible until you realize that there are a great deal of people in my class getting into schools like Yale/Harvard/UPenn/etc.</p>

<p>@ohemmegee What rank did A&M assign you? </p>