Class of 2018 - Admissions Status

<p>@aggiemarilyn - Small, very competitive school – All AP Classes. 3.85 GPA. SAT: 1710 / ACT: English 22, Mathematics 26, Reading 29, Science 24, Writing: 08 Composite Score: 25, Rank 2nd Quarter. Tons of extracurriculars including 4 year Varsity Letter, 2 year Team Captain (Varsity), lots of athletic awards including UIL 4A State Qualifier, School and District Record-breaker, District MVP, National Honor Society Officer, Key Club, I could on and on basically like lfh380, had all the extracurricular boxes checked. He also had some amazing recommendations, one from a job where he was voted employee of the month by 60 peers and several supervisors, teacher/counselor recommendations, coach recommendations, personal recommendations. I think 5-6 recommendations.</p>

<p>I don’t think I can take this any longer! The wait is killing me lol</p>

<p>They offered me Blinn TEAM today and I’m not too excited. My stats were 32 ACT, 1390/2060 SAT, 3.8/4.5 GPA, top 29% of my class. I was also a National Merit Commended Scholar. </p>

<p>lilelmo, I know you are disappointed, but Blinn TEAM is really a great deal, saving you money. LOTS of kids at A&M are taking classes at Blinn cause it’s much cheaper. Also, unless you tell people, noone will even know. Blinn kids look just like TAMU students. If TAMU is where you want to be, it’s something to consider. </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Wow?! Grades and scores like that and that got you a Blinn TEAM offer? I know those stats only account for 50% of their review equation, but you can get some serious merit scholarships at other schools and have your choice of majors. </p>

<p>Still, if being an Aggie is your ultimate goal, I guess it’s something you’ll consider, @lilelmo</p>

<p>I wonder if your application date played a part. When did you submit it?</p>

<p>I believe seeing 4 tabs is a very good sign. When my son got accepted, he saw 4 tabs on a Sunday and got accepted two days later (Tuesday).</p>

<p>lilelmo, my daughter has been on TEAM this year and it has been a good experience. She just got accepted to her major at A&M today. She was able to get some of her basic courses out of the way at Blinn (Chem, Govt, Hist), while taking major oriented courses at A&M. There are SO many students doing to same thing. It doesn’t make you any less worthy or intelligent as the students who received full admittance. Hang in there!</p>

<p>@KelsAg88 I submitted my app in September</p>

<p>@lilelmo- what school did you apply to?</p>

<p>lilelmo, aren’t you the military transfer that ended up with a lower class rank? If so, I’d call admissions and see if there is any appeal to your decision. Can’t hurt, you do have an unique case. Good luck.</p>

<p>Admitted to A&M/Blinn today, 2/19/14 at 4:20pm: “Engineering Academy at Blinn”</p>

<p>Applied 8/5/13, Processed 8/20/13
Major: 1st. Choice, Mechanical Engineering; 2nd. Choice, Aerospace Engineering.
Not Auto-Admit
SAT 1280 (CR620, MATH660)
Rank 39/186 (1st Quartile)
3 Essays - I spent about 60 hours on each essay. Yeah… 60 hours each, last spring and summer!
2 Very Good Letters of Recommendation (Math Teacher and HS Counselor)
120+ Hrs EC and summer job
Visited A&M - Attended 1-day Prospective Student Session ~ Apr 2013
Plus, two other A&M visits: Day w/Corps, and Night w/Corps ~ Late Summer 2013</p>

<p>What does having 4 tabs mean? Does it mean step 4 is highlighted? Sorry for the stupid question, I just want to make sure.</p>

<p>I got in yesterday, but on my second choice major. </p>

<p>ACT: 28
GPA: 3.77/4.6
Class Rank: 11%</p>

<p>I think my essays and volunteer hours saved me (I had a couple hundred), along with extracurriculars.</p>

<p>lilelmo, that score is very good. Any idea why Blinn ? I’d call and ask.</p>

<p>@hopefuleyes From what I’ve seen from other people’s posts I think it means you’ve been accepted, and AIS doesn’t update until the next day</p>

<p>Just checked my AIS this morning and my first choice major changed to general studies, Blinn TEAM, however, I am still on step 3. Does anyone know if this means that I have been admitted to the Blinn TEAM program? I don’t want to get my hopes up.</p>

<p>Got four tabs on Monday and got accepted to engineering as a transfer yesterday. Applied 1/2</p>

<p>@rara14 My first choice major changed to general studies, Blinn TEAM as well. and I’m still on step three. I guess that means we got put in Blinn TEAM. </p>

<p>@hopefuleyes I posted on the texags forum and the A&M admission counselor said that most likely means we are being considered for the program. I hope we get our acceptances soon!</p>

<p>Has anyone been locked out of AIS? My daughter has been trying for a week and 1/2 and we can’t log in, when we just did the week before to check her status. We still have not heard anything. She was not in the top 10%, she was 16% at the time but we just got word this week she graduates with Honors and made top 15%. Her SAT wasn’t all that great but her GPA was a 4 something. </p>