Class of 2019 Decisions

For early action, are there just deferrals or is rejection an option too?

@UniGirl2019‌ both rejections and deferrals are possible

For anyone out there who could help me…
I got an email that I was deferred today and Binghamton is my top school. I know that I’ll be put in the regular decision applicant pool, but I was wondering… Is it wise to speak to admissions soon? Would that sway their decision? If so, how?

Something is very bizarre with this year’s admission process. Would it be helpful for future students for all of our guidance counselors to contact Binghamton and clarify what happened???

@nymom64 I was told by an admissions counselor that the second round of early action application decisions would be sent out around 1/5…but I live in Buffalo and still haven’t gotten an official letter.

Does anyone have any information on the Binghamton Scholars program?

@paintlover‌ I live in Buffalo too and got deferred, as did my friend who applied EA along with me. Did you get deferred or did you get accepted? I haven’t heard about anyone getting accepted from Buffalo

@paintlover I don’t know if it’s changed, but three or four years ago I got my invitation to scholars after I had enrolled in Binghamton. Sometime in May.

Any advice on what to do now that I’ve been deferred? Letter? Call? Anything?

@IntricateThinker‌ I did get accepted. I was thinking maybe the letter has been delayed because of bad weather?
@rebeccar Interesting! Thank you. It seems like a great program!

anyone have any advice on what to do if you’ve been deferred?

Maybe sending a LOCI? Not sure…

Okay I am a little confused here…I just received an acceptance letter in the mail. I had no email or other notification whatsoever. I applied regular decision, and was not expecting a decision this fast!
The regular decision notification is sometime April. I checked online to see my application status and it says “Decision Made”. So does this mean I am officially accepted into the school, or is there a mistake? :frowning:

I don’t understand what the confusion is about if you got a letter stating you were accepted. Are you going to attend?

@ksp0597‌ just curious what school within Binghamton were you accepted in?

@rgr717 I was accepted into Harpur College of Arts and Sciences.
@lostaccount Also, the reason why I am confused is because I received a decision within almost the same month I had applied and Binghamton is not rolling. I am kind of having doubts that my letter was some sort of mistake, like the one where JHU sent out a batch of acceptance letters to people who were actually rejected.

This is what it says on US News "When applying to Binghamton University–SUNY, it’s important to note the application deadline is rolling, and the early action deadline is November 15. "

An admissions counselor emailed me over a month ago to tell me that I had been accepted, but my application still says “complete ready for review” on the status checker. Should I be worried? I don’t want to pester admissions, but it’s very strange.

Apparently, they are sending out another batch of letters soon! Just got another email.

did any deferred students hear baack yet?