Class of 2020 U of Wisconsin (Madison)

Has anyone heard back from the University of Wisconsin for the class of 2020 yet? I’m an international student and still haven’t heard anything!

I have! International student from India. Got Accepted

Me too
And I’m from India too

@pallavijaniani
Which college did you apply to and which part of India are you from ?

What does it mean by me getting accepted into letters and sciences? My intention was Businesss major, specifically marketing. Does anyone know??

I applied to Letters & Sciences for Psychology and I’m from Northwest India.
What about you?

@redbluegreen19 http://bus.wisc.edu/bba/admissions/uw-madison-student. You will apply to the school of business during your second semester, generally.

@pallavijaniani
I applied to the College of Letters and Sciences too
But I intend to major in CS
And I am from Eastern India

Btw did you get placed in your major directly or are you just admitted to the College of Letters and Sciences ?
And did you get any scholarships ?

No scholarships since there are only a few ones for international and they are of extremely small amount with extensive applications. And my acceptance letter says , ‘it is my pleasure to offer you admission to the college of letters and sciences’. UW doesn’t give direct admission to the major i guess

Same

Did you apply to the Honors college ?
And are you committed to Wisconsin ?

@KjInternational No, haven’t applied to the honors college and not yet committed to the school since I’ve received acceptances from others, and waiting on two more ( one of which happens to be my top choice) What about you?

@pallavijaniani
Wisconsin is one of my top choices but I have decisions from UIUC and a few other colleges yet to come
And I have been accepted into Purdue too
So I’m pretty much on the same page as you are

btw- it’s an Honors Program. Different format than an Honors College. Get your application in if there’s a chance you will attend UW and want any Honors courses. No extra costs or obligations.

Eventually you will need to decide if you want your degree from L&S or the college of Ag and Life Sciences (CALS)- they have slightly different graduation requirements. Also figure out WHY you plan on this major. Is it to become a Biochemist or just for premed???

You will also need to figure out which freshman/general chemistry courses to take- the 103/104, 109, or 115/116 Honors sequences. Top 5-10 Chemistry department, btw- undergrad Chemistry majors, especially in the Honors program, benefit from the grad labs. Also top teaching in Chemistry (there’s even an organization for chemical education UW is a leader in)- info from my annual Badger Chemist. Good to have top chemistry and well taught since you will need several courses in this department.