Class of 2024 MT Artistic Acceptance Notifications: How/When/Where

I think we can all agree that we are on these boards because they provide a centralized source of information that we are not receiving from the programs. It is hard to hear about acceptances when your child is still waiting, but it is worse not being able to have any sense of what is actually happening. Not hearing about others’ acceptances does not make the stress and anxiety go away. This whole process is hard. So, based on what I’ve seen in past years, it is kinder to just go ahead and post the acceptances as they come, especially for this last stretch where we are all waiting not-so-patiently for news. Just my two cents :slight_smile:

@ElizaDoolittle oh my gosh… that is NOT what I meant!!! I’m sincerely sorry if that’s how it sounded. Not at all! I was just expressing how it feels to me. Not intended to imply ANYTHING about anyone else’s decisions to post or not. I appreciate everyone’s input.

@SingerDancerMom I do see on one of the other sites I am on that some people have received early acceptances from Indiana, Penn State, Texas State even though technically they are not scheduled - if she got one of those congratulations!

@DivaStageMom thank you! what site is that?

@hbdaughter Its a private coaching site that has posted some results.

@DivaStageMom, @hbdaughter, I was wondering if Texas State was making priority hold calls. There are Texas State parents here- maybe they can find out?

@MTdreamin D auditioned for MT at TXSt late January and they said calls will be made starting March 1. I have not heard of any acceptances/rejections from them yet, but my view is only on CC.

I have heard of several TXST acceptances for MT in the last few days. Not very many, so definitely more coming. And I think the people who did receive them are unicorns :slight_smile: with many acceptances. My D only auditioned at callbacks for Acting, and we have not yet heard anything or of anyone getting an Acting offer. The friends I have who are waiting for MT results have not heard anything yet either.

@csuram1994 - on another site there were about 3 with a TXSt offers - one boy got accepted everywhere except Michigan - but I am sure that is coming - they may not do early acceptances.

What are the class sizes for TX Acting and MT?

@prarie TxSt MT=14 Have no idea what their acting class size is.

Yes, 14 is the target number for TXST MT class size. No idea on Acting. The decisions on Acting and MT are made by different faculties and therefore the process is not necessarily the same. Last few years, TXST MT has trickled out acceptances over 3-4 weeks. I am out of the direct loop now (I have a 2019 graduate) but I have heard through the parent grapevine a few offers have been made, Sorry, but I don’t know how many or the split between boys/girls.

That is very exciting congratulations to all who have heard from TXST so far!

And for those keeping track at home, all the other Texas St offers also had other top offers such as CCM so there may still be hope if that’s a top choice

@ElizaDoolittle and @TheatreDad69 Congrats on Ball State!
And @MTSthistime Congrats on Ithaca!!

@SingerDancerMom I think this issue of when and how to post results is definitely tricky, whether the news is good or bad. I do get that it’s useful for others to know how & when results are being sent out, which is why after licking our wounds for a bit, I decided to post the No’s D received after NY Unifieds, as the dates others were putting out didn’t mesh with our experience.

I personally made a decision not to read the acceptance threads when we were on our big downward drop of the roller-coaster, but since then it’s actually been reassuring to be on CC and hear others’ experiences–plus it helps that with time, D has moved on and is of the mind-set that the schools where she received No’s just weren’t meant to be for one reason or another.

@BloomingGirl I’m totally with you about kids having to learn how to deal with others’ successes in this business. My D has definitely missed out on parts she wanted in a show and has had to learn to be gracious and support her fellow cast members–not always easy but definitely part of the process. Hopefully that good karma will serve them all well down the road!

Otterbein is making phones calls on MT acceptances.

TheatreDad69…CONGRATULATIONS on Otterbein…much to be proud of!

@TheatreDad69 Congrats!!

Rider made a portal update. D was waitlisted.