Class of 2024 Nursing Admissions

Thank you for sharing. This is great info to have.

Hi everyone! I was looking into applying to UCI and UCLA nursing as a freshman admit but I don’t know if I have a decent chance of admission, or if I should apply to these UC’s as a general admit. The nursing school for both UC campuses accepts only 2% of their freshman admits and their stats are on the website.

Graduating High School in 2021
GPA: weighted 4.30
SAT: 1450
Received 4s and 5s on 5 AP exams
200+ service hours and extracurriculars.
Thank you for your help in advance!

@sophiiar are your ECs nursing related?

@sophiiar:

What is your UC GPA’s? Capped weighted, Unweighted and Fully weighted?

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

UCI admits into the Unviersity first and then into the major so you can apply as a Nursing major and select an alternate major as a backup.

Changing from alternate major to Nursing at UCI: https://nursing.uci.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/COM-Requirements_W20-Update.pdf

UCLA does not consider an alternate major and does not accept internal transfers for Nursing, so you would have to be accepted either as a Freshman direct admit or attend elsewhere and transfer.

@NurseStav
Hi! So far the extra credits that I have related to nursing would be volunteering/interning at a hospital, serving on HOSA-FHP, and I completed an internship last summer at a pediatric clinic.

@Gumbymom

Hi! Thank you for the clarification for the UC admits!!
weighted academic: 4.31
Weighted 10-12: 4.46
un-weighted: 3.97

@SA4465 Hello! My D was recently accepted to CSUF and SDSU nursing. I have been reading through old posts to try to get a feel for CSUF. Not finding much. I am curious if your D ended up attending CSUF. It looks like from your last post she was leaning towards Gorgaza. If by any chance she is attending CSUF any feedback would be much appreciated. Hope your daughter is enjoying her journey.

Hi @MumofCollegeBound - My daughter ended up going to Gonzaga and it has been a fantastic school for her! She is so happy there and doing great :smiley: She choose Gonzaga over CSUF because she wanted more of a college experience and CSUF is a commuter school. I’m sorry I can’t give you any more info than that. Good luck with your D and her decision!

1 Like

Providence does not have a nursing program

T.F. Green is an airport in Providence not a school. They were looking for flight options.

1 Like

Can I ask how your daughter has liked ASU if she went there? My daughter is concerned it is not on the main campus.