Class of 2024 Nursing Admissions

DD received preliminary acceptance to FAU last week. The “full acceptance” into the program requires a background/fingerprint check which she has to complete by Dec 16th. I haven’t logged into the site to check this with her, but she is telling me that the background check costs $180 (that we are responsible paying for). Once that is complete, she gains “full acceptance” into the Nursing Program and has until the traditional May 1 to decide to she wants to attend FAU. Otherwise, if she does not complete it by Dec 16th, she loses her spot. We are halfway across the country from FAU and not sure we are going to be able to fit in another visit by that date. She’s toured once but we were unable to see the Nursing school.

Can any others who may have been accepted to FAU confirm if they received the same?

@arkymommy yes. S20 is in the process of completing level 2 background check for FAU.

DD got acceptance for Duquesne with some nice merit.

Getting worried we haven’t heard from Cincinnati. Does anyone know if they’ve started their MMI’s?
Last minute trip to Cincinnati (grandmother ill) so she’ll visit Xavier on 12/2. Crossing fingers that she hears from either school before then, with a good outcome.

@ejg1759 Hi. when did your daughter apply to West Chester?

@mnjjacobs yes, University of Cincinnati has started their MMI’s. DD just got an email today to do an MMI interview. We are in Cincy this coming weekend to tour Xavier on Sunday, but unfortunately all MMIs were booked on Sat. So we will fly back to interview on Sat, Dec 7th. (Cincy is about a 10 hour drive for us)

I’m glad your daughter also applied to Xavier. I’m excited to see the campus and will be interested to hear what you think also. And hoping you hear back from both schools very soon!

@KikicarQ She applied the beginning of August.

Yes we recd same and I will pay the amount as I can’t say for sure what will happen. We applied to multiple Nursing schools and have only heard from FAU… so why not hold the seat?

@ejg1759 Thank you. Your daughter waited quite a while then. My D20 applied in late October so we have a while I’m sure. The waiting is the worst!

Has anyone heard from Clemson nursing?

@KHStuart The http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/22454784#Comment_22454784 Clemson thread has been very active as some students have been receiving their acceptance letters, but from the ones who posted their info I have not seen any nursing majors. Sounds like Clemson is very popular and competitive these days and since Nursing has limited seats they may not make those decisions for a while.

@KHStuart No word yet from Clemson, although my daughter submitted later than her other apps. Yes, same I agree with @netpro. Clemson forum seems pretty active but haven’t see any Nursing.

I just texted a neighbor friend who has a sophomore daughter in Nursing at Clemson. She is going to see if her daughter remembers when she heard as the mom couldn’t remember. If I get any info, I’ll repost.

@netpro and @arkymommy, yes I’ve been following the Clemson 2024 board and haven’t seen anyone be accepted into nursing. There are three students at my daughters high school that have been accepted into Clemson (but not into nursing), so I know acceptances in other majors are going out. Just excited to see when the first nursing students get accepted!

Daughter’s stats:
1300 SAT
4.34 GPA
Varsity Tennis, currently enrolled in CNA and GNA program through high school, clubs
Maryland resident

Accepted to the following Direct Admit Nursing Programs Early Action:

WVU (10/1)
Deleware (11/10)
Pitt-main campus (10/25)
Penn State UP (11/21)

Still Waiting:

Minnesota TC
UCONN
Rhode Island
Vermont
UMass Amherst
Drexel

Accepted at Xavier! 20k merit! Yay. Helped take the sting out of reject from Pitt main campus, offered Bradford but didn’t specify nursing (?).

I am so stinking happy that she heard today. I am very frazzled!

@mnjjacobs Congrats! I’m sure that was a relief to get that acceptance!

Help. Getting worried about Cincinnati. Haven’t heard. Has anyone gotten accepted? @arkymommy told me her daughter was invited to do MMI’s. What I’m wondering if is they are holding ALL admissions until after MMI’s, or if since she hasn’t heard about admission either way and she hasn’t been invited for the interviews we should be preparing for the worst. It was her #1 choice but now that she’s in at Xavier everything will turn out all right, I’m just a worry-wart. If there have been admissions, and we know they’ve started the interviews, it’s probably bad news.

@mnjjacobs I think I read that they do all the interviews and then send out decisions in January. I’m not entirely certain but from what I read, it lead me to believe that all decisions are in January once they have completed all MMIs. They did say that with some candidates, they had enough information to accept without interviewing. We have not formally toured UC so not sure if that is factoring in the decision to interview?

This is all very interesting. I stumbled across this site and now I feel like I could spend hours reading in these forums. DD has acceptances from UMaine, Seton Hall, UTampa and University of Arizona. But only UMaine and Seton Hall are direct entry programs. That’s a big strike against them in my book but I largely let her call the shots on where she wanted to apply. We’re waiting on four or five others at this point. Does anyone know if schools award merit money differently for nursing? For instance, if my daughter wanted to go to UMass Amherst for any other major, she’d definitely get in and would get some merit money. But their nursing program is incredibly competitive. I just wonder if schools actually award merit money based on different standards for the nursing programs since those programs seem much more competitive than everything else at a number of schools.

Deep breaths ( what a great user name for this process) , my daughter also has an offer from Seton Hall. They gave her more merit than we thought but I wonder if they are particularly keen to attract students from out of state.

Have you visited Seton Hall ? I can’t find much info about the school on here and I realized that the nursing program is on a separate campus, quite a distance away, with no housing. I think students would need to base themselves there at least from year 2. However, the new facility, the way they train in multi disciplinary teams and clinical opportunities looked amazing. Appreciate your thoughts if you have been to visit.

@Deepbreaths All schools are different, but it’s not been our experience that merit is awarded differently based on major. However, I know at one of D20’s schools the tuition is more for nursing students. Other schools may have increased fees, ala engineering schools.