Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

Deferred EA
Wait listed
College of Engineering
SAT 1410
UW GPA 3.94
Highly ranked public high school, took hardest curriculum possible
White, Male, OOS - WA

So does the acceptance letter say your major on it? Mine only says: ā€œI am pleased to inform you that you have been admitted to the University of Michigan College of Literature, Science, and the Arts class entering Fall 2020.ā€

Is this something to be worried about? I applied for Biology, and I know this is one of the elite schools in the nation especially for Pre-Med and research, so Iā€™m very curious.

Waitlisted for College of Engineering

@user_464093 Did your acceptance letter mention the Residential College? How did you learn you were in?

Deferred EA
Waitlisted Today
UW GPA 3.6 (Upward Trend during Senior Year)
W GPA 4.2
SAT 1390
OOS (MA)
Completed LOCI
Many ECā€™s and good recs
Attended a highly ranked high school

Absolutely crushed. I expected the waitlist but man does it hurt coming from your dream school. Going to accept my spot on the waitlist and pray to god.

Congrats to everyone that got accepted :slight_smile: hope to see you all there in August

So, the letter that says we are unable to offer you a spot in the fall 2020 school year, but invites you to the waitlist decision, is that being waitlisted? Or is that being declined?

In state
EA deferred
3.96 W
1390 SAT
couple APs

Fingers crossed on waitlist, UofM is my dream school all the way.

Forgot to mention, I have double legacy as well

Accepted LSA
Poli-Sci major
In State
EA Deferred
1340 SAT
3.9 UW GPA
I had the enrollment payment thing on the link

Nope, nothing to worry about. You will declare your major before the end of your sophomore year just like everyone else.

Rare, but yes. I remember someone posting an acceptance as late as July 4th. However, the waitlist acceptance % has decreased dramatically over the last few years.

What does it mean if I still have not gotten a decision?

very similar to my DDā€™s case, waitlisted to LSA, but have offers from UCs (except ucla and ucb) and UW seattle, UW madison, and UMN .

Just want to make sure that acceptting waitlist offer can still enroll in other schools, right? also, if luckily admitted to UMichigan after May 1, how about the commitment to other school? Thanks for the advice.

waitlist
deferred ea
35 ACT
3.92 UW GPA
OOS
go bucks

DD ACCEPTED after EA deferral! LSA
OOS
ACT 31
GPA uw 3.9, w 4.63

Daughter deferred EA
Accepted today as LS&A undeclared!
OOS (California)
Hispanic Female (doesnā€™t matter in Michigan or California)
Legacy
3.7 UW GPA, 4.2 W GPA
33 ACT Composite (34 Superscore)
National Hispanic Recognition Program
Varsity Letter/Starter on Championship Lacrosse team, various ECs, including State Senator Internship
7 APs

Thrilled she was admitted to my alma mater, but at $70-$75K/year, it is 3-3.5 times what other schools are asking, unless we get financial aid. Likely attending ASU Barrett Honors (full tuition ride)

FWIW, not accepted at any UCs, waitlisted at UCSB and UCSD. Admitted CalPoly and SDSU Honors.

I have also not gotten a decision. I called at 4:45 P.M.and they said they will be in touch by ā€œearly Aprilā€

Question on the waitlist - when they say ā€œlate Juneā€ do they really mean late June or you can get accepted anytime between May 1st and ā€œlate Juneā€? TIA

Hey everyone who is joining the class of 2024 follow the Instagram @umich.2024

OOS Deferred EA. ACCEPTED into LSA!

accepted today to lsa!!! (oos)
1410, 3.96 UW
deferred ea

when does financial aid come out? and does anyone know if they are doing virtual admitted student days or virtual info sessions?