Class of 2026 Undergrad/Class of 2024 Grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

My son (BM Cello Performance) passed the prescreening and will be auditioning at Rice.

9 Likes

Congrats! I didn’t get a parent email…must be a bass thing lol

2 Likes

Rice was not as good an update for us. Congrats to you!

Lot of good news!!! Yahoo

1 Like

Same for me

2 Likes

Lol, I thought it was unusual, but hey, it was super nice to be included!

3 Likes

My son , BM in composition passed prescreening at Rice today

6 Likes

Congrats, everyone! Things are starting to get exciting!!!

Big Week - My daughter passed prescreening for composition at Jacobs and Oberlin this week! Looking forward to getting the details since auditions/interviews for both are in January for us! So happy to hear all this good news for everyone!

5 Likes

I got the parent e-mail from Oberlin, too–I think they had a choice to put a parent e-mail (or not!) in back when they filled out the application.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m a cellist and I just received my pre-screen acceptance from Oberlin Conservatory. Has anyone heard from any other schools?

7 Likes

Just Ithaca so far (pass) Waiting for CMU, which won’t be until January.

Congrats on the Oberlin pass!

5 Likes

Congrats on all the prescreen success! My son has also passed VP MM prescreens for Mannes and FSU.

8 Likes

That makes sense!

1 Like

I passed BM prescreen for composition at Jacobs and piano at Oberlin. Unfortunately Oberlin rejected my composition prescreen.

3 Likes

So nice to see all these pre-screen passes!! Congrats all.

7 Likes

Anyone know when NEC prescreening results are supposed to be released?

We are anxiously waiting for NEC as well. When we took the tour last month we were told by the tour guide that results would be released before the holiday break. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

DD passed BM in violin prescreening at NW today.

7 Likes

Did you get an email from NWU about passing prescreening, or did you have to check the app portal?

Email received around 7pm CST.