Class of 2026 Undergrad/Class of 2024 Grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

Awesome!

I posted in last year’s prescreen thread that’s still alive, but will repeat here in case it’s more appropriate - son just told me this afternoon he passed BU’s prescreen… and that he got the email on Monday. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

my email was sent at 6:27pm (eastern standard time)

1 Like

My son got his NEC email around 8 pm ET that he passed - it also included his assigned audition date.

3 Likes

Congrats to your son! It’s sounding like they’re not releasing all the decisions at the exact same time, so I’m holding out hope!

1 Like

Those emails are definitely not coming out all at once! My fingers are crossed for you!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Has anyone else that applied to NEC still not heard back on prescreening results?

S (BM Cello) got his NEC invitation yesterday around 3:30 PM PST.

2 Likes

We have not heard either.

Just got an email.

1 Like

Hope it was good news!

Sadly not, but it’s okay! Wishing the best to everyone else!

3 Likes

Also, Eastman just announced that they are going virtual for all auditions and interviews this year.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear!

Son just heard from NEC for Viola and he passed! (Was denied for NEC/Harvard joint program though.)

4 Likes

I read above that some programs pass a great number of the prescreens, and others are more selective. Anyone know anything about Cincinnati Conservatory on this continuum?

Different departments can have different philosophies, criteria, and standards even within the same music school/conservatory. You might indicate your instrument or voice for most applicable answer. (If anyone has recent experience!)

For CCM: daughter is seeking a masters in vocal performances. She is a coloratura soprano. Of course, sopranos have the most competition. Passing the prescreen for CCM is hopeful.

3 Likes

My son passed screening, cello, with CCM. Got the email, and a parent email, this morning. Blair too today, Oberlin earlier in the week. A negative at CIM. Waiting on Peabody.

6 Likes