Class of 2027 Undergrad/Class of 2025 Grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

Son received acceptance to DePaul yesterday.

7 Likes

Kiddo here was also admitted to DePaul SOM yesterday! :partying_face:

8 Likes

Another DePaul acceptance (actually last week)… huge sigh of relief that kid is definitely going to grad school next year! (still waiting for all the others - including Bergen and Amsterdam which are really late decisions)

6 Likes

Congratulations to all the musicians! @Lendlees @macarthur @libbyshims Let me know if you’d like me to add these and/or other acceptances to the acceptance thread.

2 Likes

That’s fine.

2 Likes

I read somewhere that URochester sends out decisions this Saturday (March 18). Maybe Eastman will be the same day?

2 Likes

After touring, I am feeling bad that my pocketbook wasn’t bigger. I just know that full scholarships are few and far between in music.

I’m sorry, and I know the feeling about a few schools. :slightly_frowning_face: Also, though, I know our kids are mature and understand what the factors are and how much we want the world for them.

1 Like

Also wondering about CIM. I see Case Western is to release on 3/18. Does anyone have insight if this would be the same date for CIM?
Good luck all, the wait is almost over!
TIA!

2 Likes

That is one we are also waiting on. I have no dated for that one - sorry!

3 Likes

YES YES YES!!! This is great news. Congrats!

Of course- thank you!!!

2 Likes

Does anyone know when the graduate voice decisions will be released for NEC and Curtis?

1 Like

I have NEC down for March 30 - they do not specify UG or G - I assume both but could be wrong.

2 Likes

I’m excited for tonight’s spring band concert, with my kid playing in two amazing ensembles. It’s been a wacky week on the college journey. S has experienced everything from FA packages and personal communications with profs, to having to send more materials to one school. I’m glad he is going on a spring break road trip so he can decompress. (I’m also thankful he’ll be gone for the first week of his dad’s recovery from surgery #2. To be clear, S would never turn away from helping. He was extremely supportive and dedicated last time. I just think emotionally it is tough for everyone, especially a kid.)

7 Likes

My daughter’s friends have been hearing from Eastman today… music ed and guitar performance!

3 Likes

Daughter’s clarinet friend heard today from Eastman too. Happy news and a scholarship.

7 Likes

CIM came out March 28th last year I believe

3 Likes

My son just received his Eastman acceptance today.

11 Likes

Thanks. We’ll check in the morning. I wonder if they all come around the same time or if it’s different for different instruments.

4 Likes