Class of 2028 University of Oregon

Hi there, is everyone getting notified via snail mail or the portal first? Thanks!

My kid got an email to check the portal - first for acceptance and then for merit!

1 Like

When did they turn in the application.

My son just received his acceptance notice about an hour ago. The letter included acceptance and notice of merit scholarship. As we understand the process, he’ll next hear (in a few weeks likely) if he is admitted to the School of Architecture, which has a separate review for those admitted to the University.

1 Like

He turned it in aug 21 and had a decision oct 18

We got some about a week after I posted this. Thanks!

1 Like

Did you son submit a portfolio? My son is also hoping for architecture and submitted his app on 11/4. He hopes to submit a portfolio by 12/1 since he’s still working on it.

He just found out he’s accepted into UO but still pending his major.

My son received the OOS Summit award. Do you know if he’s still being considered for the UO Excellence award? I assume they are waiting for all applications to be turned in to decide on UO Excellence.

Yes - he submitted a portfolio. Our understanding is that it takes at least a few weeks after acceptance into the university before they decide on the architecture acceptance. Good luck to your son!

Thank you! Good luck to yours as well.

My son got a summit scholarship. He has a 3.87 GPA. We live in Virginia. How hard is it to get this award? It is a great and we are excited!

there’s an award chart on the website. I have been saying “never look a gift scholarship in the mouth!”
Congrats to your son!

1 Like

My son just got admission letter with summit scholarship. At the bottom it says… major: business administration (pre-major). Does that mean he didn’t get into the business school? I know some colleges when you don’t get into their business school, you get into L&S and may not be able to get into business school.

1 Like

Congrats to your son! We were just out in Eugene and toured the business school specifically. While some kids are admitted directly into the business school, most apply at the end of their first or second year. In your case, I believe that the “pre major” allows them to take some core classes in the b-school but not actually be technically admitted until their second year. It’s not an opaque process…my understanding is that if they have a 3.0, they are automatically admitted. If not, it’s still possible with some hoops and groveling.

Congrats again - our visit out there catapulted UO above some more selective schools and was a bit of a delightful surprise.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I messaged the school admissions and they said UO Excellence are awarded closer to April. Hopefully we’ll know sooner but they do have lots of applications to deal with.

Thank you for sharing that information!