Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

So what I’m gathering is decisions at 6pm???

2 Likes

That would be my guess

1 Like

Good luck everyone! According to TikTok and Insta looks like snail mail packets are ready, Quite the tease for sure!

2 Likes

Auburn shared this at the tour informational sessions as well. While it seems the vast majority of the country had access to testing, I think that providing an opportunity for others to explain their specific situation that led to TO is reasonable (e.g. CA–which seems to the be the worse in regards to testing availability—).

2 Likes

I truly think they should explain it but I know of several families that had access to these test multiple times…their kids did not do well…so they went optional.

3 Likes

I’m not sure. I think they just have so many more applicants than spots. My daughter had a slightly lower SAT than your child and was accepted. Hard to say if the GPA is similar because every school does it different but it was 4.2. I think the reality is there are just more applicants that are qualified than spots and they choose one over another but it doesn’t mean one is more qualified. My child is finding kids of similar stats get into schools she doesn’t - and then schools she gets accepted into —those same students are denied.

3 Likes

How does your son like Kelley? My son is in there direct admit and it is one of his top choices. Thanks

But in this case it makes sense…sounds like your child had similar stats to mine, which in that case it becomes a crapshoot.

My point was in reference to comparing students providing multiple data points (GPA and SAT) vs. one (GPA).

For what it is worth and I quickly admit not much… IMO…. The SAT/ACT only value is in determining how well a student takes the SAT/ACT. Standardized testing is a business, nothing more nothing less, and it is in the test creators best interest to encourage us to believe the tests are an equalizer amongst the inherent differences that naturally exist with each applicant. In many admissions processes it is a crutch that can be leaned upon as being an “independent” factor. The most selective colleges basically ignore test scores anyway since vast majority of applicants have essentially the same super high scores. They know, and COVID has forced other colleges to also accept, that the strongest predictors of student success in college are high school course load, GPA, behavior, and family income. Test scores are “needed” because of the other detrimental tool in the college application business… rankings…

3 Likes

I agree with you on that…the SAT revenue is around $600 million… however I have seen first hand how families bent the covid rules to hide bad grades and test scores…by not submitting them or opting for past/fail for their grades…when covid never hit their family and they had access to testing.

4 Likes

I think they key term is ‘standardized.’ FWIW, I am in NO WAY a huge supporter of the SAT holding more weight than it should; as a teacher myself, I know the limitations of such measures. However, it does provide perhaps the only standardized way of assessing students across various schools, districts, and states. I have two high schoolers, one a senior in public, and one a freshman in private, 30 minutes away from one another, and there are drastic differences in rigor of the same courses, etc.

2 Likes

Move on from the topics of SAT/ACT, test optional, test centers closing, and the like please. It’s getting away from the purpose of this thread.

24 Likes

Oops, sorry, posted a second before you did. I won’t say more about it :slight_smile:

Same, I’m done :slight_smile:

My D22 is also a direct admit as well along with the honors program there. She hasn’t visited yet but I think it’s her best undergrad business option. It’s pretty challenging and stressful to be honest but that could just be my kid. I was blown away by the presentation on direct admit day and I hear great things about the school. He’s only a sophomore so first year was fully remote other than living on campus which might have contributed to being challenging and stressful.

Will someone with a 29 ACT get into Clemson?

Thanks. While the TO pros and cons discussion is valid and interesting, I saw 100+ new posts and thought the Clemson decision was already out! I’m probably not the only one.

6 Likes

Everyone who applied before Dec 1sr and hasn’t heard back already as in before Jan 1 will get a decision this round (today, tomorrow or the 15th etc) If that is online 15% that’s crazy

Only

Does anyone else’s portal show a status update? When I click on the update is says:

There is no update to your application status to report.

1 Like