Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

My daughter was accepted :slightly_smiling_face:

OOS
4.0 unweighted GPA
History Major

She was offered a scholarship to follow in March.

2 Likes

my cousin - almost identical stats - same SAT ā€¦also WL

1 Like

wellā€¦even though my son was declined we still know it is a great school. Congrats getting in. I am praying my son gets into NC state in March.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what strategy you are working. I am in HS college counseling and Iā€™m confused by what pulling your Clemson app would help. Sounds like you should venture towards your other offers. Seems odd that all of your other offers expire on May 1.

thatā€™s shocking

1 Like

Both dds got accepted. One with 32 act rhe other one 34. Not superscore. They are both happy. In state

4 Likes

Daughter accepted to Nursing!!

3 Likes

Yes - I know two students who have successfully appealed!

1 Like

im asking if there is a way off of the waitlist other than pulling your applicationā€¦ not that i am going to pull it. my other colleges would like you to enroll by may 1st or they will give your spot to someone on the waitlist. itā€™s what most school do from what my counsolers told me

Daughters two friends accepted with same stats. Abs my daughter is varsity captain. Donā€™t understand why they wait list her and not the others.

Thanks

I think I understand what cat1210 is saying. The colleges that my daughter applied to also require a deposit by May 1st, which I do believe is the case with most of the schools. So basically you either have to put a deposit down on another school and lose it if you end up hearing from Clemson after the beginning of June and get in, or just remove yourself from the waitlist.

3 Likes

You would just decline the offer and move to your second choice. Assuming your other schools want deposits, you just have to weigh financially what works for you. Students change their mind or go on and off wait lists all summer. A few years ago I had a student get off the GA Tech waitlist days before leaving for another school. And I do appreciate you wanting to open up spaces for other students. But many students do not do that and universities account for that in their enrollment predictions.

2 Likes

yes exactly! i donā€™t want to kiss other chances by waiting for clemson but it was also my top pick, im in a predicament to say the least!

2 Likes

you could also transfer. would look into that.

1 Like

Congrats! Would you be comfortable sharing her stats?

Very easy to transfer in. I know a few that have done that with no problems

1 Like

Did you get an email to check your portal? My two applicants are occupied with activities and work currently so Iā€™m sitting tight at homeā€¦ seeing the various replies here mostly confirms my hunch that neither are likely acceptances but you never know, I guess

Regarding Bridge, Iā€™m not familiar with the program. Why would do we need to respond quickly? I hoping D22 will wait until all other school responses come in.

Mary_DeMilia Your son is well-qualified. It is just an in-state vs. OOS situation. Bright future ahead of him wherever he lands!

4 Likes