Clemson Class of 2024

@Lacole03 I think once you get to that step you need to enter any six digit number. People have said They then enter a six digit activation code. If it says something like no token found, a decision hasn’t been made. If it says something like token doesn’t match our records, people say that means you have been accepted. I don’t know the validity of it as I haven’t tried it.

@Lacole03 @Lrhr1023 I believe this to be true. After typing in any six letters if you get a “No activation token found on record”, this means a decision has not been made. If you get “no match on record” or along the lines of that, your decision has been made and the decisions are being held out. I am pretty sure my state, Massachusetts, will not receive any decisions until Feb. Even if the token is updated for me I will still expect to wait a while for my official decision.

Sounds correct. Assuming you aren’t accepted, it must never change. @ridleybchs

DS was accepted on 11/21. Noticed the hack changed for us on 11/22 the letter arrived about a week later. We are OOS. Letter mentioned a merit scholarship, details to come in February. However, housing opens on 2/1/20 - but you only have access if you have paid your $200 deposit. My question is, do you think that paying your deposit affects the amount of merit you receive , since they know you plan to attend if they have your deposit?

@shug24 not at all. It’s based on scores and ranking so go ahead and pay the deposit if your child wants to attend. The amount received will not change at all unless he/she takes SAT or ACT and scores that much higher.

@shugh24 What date did you apply? I am out of state and have no idea when to expect a decision.

Also how did you know you were accepted electronically? There is no portal like other schools so is an email sent?

@shugh24,

I’m confused. I thought freshman did not pick housing until after May 15 and it was based on application to Clemson date not housing application. Is there any reason to pay the deposit early that I am missing?

@RidleyBCHS Clemson still mails acceptances. Your child will get a big envelope that says Tigertown Bound. That said, there is a hack that may or may not work for your child. I didn’t use it but you can find details in this thread.

@86grad I am aware of that. I was just wondering if I will get an electronic acceptance first.

@RidleyBCHS no you will not.

@86grad our letter says housing contract open 2/1 and close at noon on 5/15.

@RidleyBCHS applied early sept to the business school. Application was complete (received an email stating so) in mid October.

@mweb136 thanks - guess we will pay the deposit. Do you know if Clemson is receptive to showing them other schools merit scholarship offers to try and get them to offer more ?
Thx

@shugh24 no, sadly they do not care about that at all. My son is a senior at Clemson now. My daughter applied in August. They are strictly by the numbers. They are wonderful if you call admissions they will tell exactly the numbers you need for each merit scholarship. My son was off by one question for the next level so they encouraged him to go back and re-take the SAT.

I am glad @shugh24 and @86grad mentioned this. The FAQ section on the website from this past year said freshmen pick their room in May 2019. However, the pamphlet we received in our acceptance letter says, “First-year housing contracts will open on Feb. 1…” I know housing picks are tied to your application date so it is confusing because many kids won’t know by Feb. 1 if they’ve been accepted, not to mention other things like scholarships, Honors College acceptance, etc. that play a role in their decision. I’m going to call the housing office and clarify this information. Thanks for mentioning it.

@jse1820 if I remember correctly since my son did this at Clemson you can start looking for a roommate in February. . You can fill out the random questions to be matched with someone. You definitely cannot pick out your dorm until May when that opens.

What is the website people have been trying the “hack” on?

Regarding housing… I called the housing office last week and was told that on 2/3 at 8:30 am the housing contract opens up. You simple sign this contract to let them know your plans to stay on campus. They will then email you on May 15th, to set up a meeting with you for the following week in May. From my understanding from admissions and housing, the housing priorities are based on the date you applied to Clemson.

Regarding merit scholarships for IN STATE- I have been trying to learn more about the different levels for instate merit scholarships. From what admissions told me today, they do not have the details yet for this year, but for last year there were only 2 merit scholarship and they were for SC Palm Fellows. One was for $1500 for just being a PF, and the second $1500 was for students making a 1430 or more on the SAT. So a total of possible $3K per year. Apparently there are more scholarships for OOS merit. Does anyone have anymore info on in state merit ?

The link for the “hack” is: https://studentonboarding.app.clemson.edu/#
Also, has anyone from the northeast been accepted yet? If so, when did you apply?

I first checked the hack on November 17 and it said enter the code from your acceptance but i still haven’t received any letter or anything. Any thoughts? 1400 sat and top 3% in my school