Clemson Class of 2024

@katerinarettino, did you submit your app on 12/1, or did you receive your completed application email on 12/1. Just curious as someone who recently received my application completed email.

Hi All: My DD was also accepted EA. Has anyone started an accepted student group?

I started a thread so we can share all the accepted http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/clemson-university/2167110-clemson-university-2024-accepted-students-p1.html?new=1

So bizarre! My son submitted his application at the end of October, and still hasn’t heard anything. Anyone else?? It seems people are submitting in late November and they’ve already heard. He’s nervous
after his surprising rejection from Duke. We are in Texas

@ArbonneMom did your S receive an e-mail stating his application is complete?

My D applied early November, got a completed application email early December. Acceptance letter was dated day after completion e-mail.

Also, what is his major? There is so much besides stats

My first application email was on Nov 22 while I got the complete one on the fourth of December. Still have not heard anything at all. My mail is pretty slow but I applied to a less competitive major.

My OOS D got the application complete email on 10/20 and we have not heard a peep.

@RidleyBCHS

@Lacole03
Have you called admissions ? I did when I saw people posting their kids got in already. I would call. If his stats match those of kids that were accepted.

This process is very stressful for all of us

@CollegeorBustNE
What did you say when you called? I hate to seem like a pest. They make it clear decisions aren’t sent until February or so (although we know that isn’t the case) so not sure what they can tell me on the phone but reiterate this policy.

Does anyone know if Clemson recalculated OOS grades to align with South Carolina grading system?

@Lacole03 they were very helpful in explaining which students they are currently admitting. It is worth a shot

@kimh I do not know I would call admission office

@CollegeorBustNE - He is applying for Biomedical Engineering. So maybe that’s major with more apps to read?? It’s been 6-7 weeks since he got the “your app is complete” email

@ArbonneMom throughout this process I have learned sometimes it is not just clear why they accept one over another. I tried to steer my D away from schools that have not historically accepted kids from her school. Do they normally accept kids from their school?

I received my “Application Submitted” email on November 20th, but did not receive the “Application Completed” email until December 4th. When should I expect to hear back regarding my decision?

@drewh02 It depends on your stats. At least that is what we were told. They said only accepting top candidates now the rest in February. You could always call and check. Not sure what your stats are but it is worth a shot

@CollegeorBustNE my stats:

EDUCATION:
Intended Major: Engineering [Mechanical]
GPA: 3.8/4.0 UW , 4.33 W
SAT: 1480 (740 M, 740 R&W)
AP Scholar with Honor
5 APs, currently taking 9.
Took UVA Engineering and UVA Digital Tech
DE US History, DE Spanish, DE Psychology
Governor’s School student (BRVGS)

EXTRACURRICULARS:
Internship at UVA Office of Registrar
2 Sport Athlete (Soccer, Football, Captains for both)
Young Life
National Honor Society
National Beta Club
Adminstrative Innovation Team at the High School
Piano (Hobby and Accompaniment

VOLUNTEERING AND LEADERSHIP:
1000+ Hours
Volunteer 1 - 2 hrs every weekend at food bank
Volunteer every year at the local “Toy Lift” (4 - 7 hrs)
Volunteer 10 - 15 hrs a week as a WyldLife (Middle School YL) Leader
Spent a month over the summer volunteering in New York at a camp (350+ hours)

RECCOMENDATIONS:

AP English Teacher who’s had me for four years

[QUOTE=""]

Supposedly did 5 drafts of my rec.
Counselor I’ve had good relationship with

[/QUOTE]

Do you think this warrents an earlier decision?

@drewh02 Maybe you should call? Or your Mom. My DS score are a little higher.

@CollegeorBustNE Thank you! I will probably wait until the end of the week and then reach out if I have not heard anything. It is not my #1, so I’m not too worried.

Wondering if admissions reviews as they are received and holds most announcements till the mass communication in February?

Just thinking, if we were reviewed and denied, wouldn’t they have told us already?

Has D application just been sitting there for over 2 months?? Unread? Collecting dust?

I would love to know the process.