Clemson Class of 2024

We are in CT as well…app completed mid OCT. Nothing yet.

We have friends that toured recently, Clemson told them if you fall below their “required” SAT/GPA you won’t get in. They do not take a holistic view on applications.

Not sure what those #’s but makes me worried.

Is what it is I guess.

@Lacole03 Do you know what the “required” SAT/GPA are?

Clemson didn’t come right out and say what it was, but eluded that they get tons of applications yearly and only look at those two criteria. If you fall below what they feel is acceptable, it’s an automatic denial. They don’t look at clubs, leadership, etc.

I doubt that is true

Well, friends of ours toured the college a few months back and sat in with admissions and was told exactly that. They do not take a holistic few at applications. If your SAT and GPA aren’t high enough right out of the gate, your application goes no farther. Extra’s don’t give it any more weight.

Clemson admissions FAQ including standardized test score info:
http://www.clemson.edu/admissions/undergraduate/faq.html

Also (for most colleges) if you google their Common Data Set you will find all the stats on last year’s class. Including GPA and test scores.

Here is the 2018 data set:

https://www.clemson.edu/institutional-effectiveness/documents/oir/CommonDataSet2018.pdf

Also, this board and last year’s boards have a lot of info which people should browse through before posting questions because a lot of questions have been answered thoroughly before.

Lastly, it doesn’t really matter what state you are in as far as early notification goes – MOST of us (in state and out of state) will hear in the bulk admissions mailing mid-February. This is when 95% of admissions decisions are received.

In the meantime, I highly recommend watching the game on Monday night if you want to start to feel like a part of the Clemson world!!! Go Tigers and good luck to all!

@pegagain I asked the question because the “minimum” could be interpreted differently, such as the 25 percent line, or the lowest they take. And I wondered if the AO gave a line for what numbers are a definite Yes.

Also, the “Class Rank” muddles things because this is important to Clemson; yet it disadvantages students from competitive high schools.

@sunnyschool I think it is hard to tell what the lowest test scores they will take. It depends on the major, I think. Some majors are wildly popular and others not so much so those less popular majors will adjust their expectations. They do take high school rigor into account so would likely consider lower GPAs from more competitive schools. It is really hard to tell what they look at specifically. I think the common data set gives a lot of good insight. Good luck.

Hang in there everyone; I know this is a tough process. February notification is standard for Early Consideration, so hang in there. We’re rooting for you!

Hi! What are chances?
GPA: 3.87 unweighted
ACT: Superscore 29, composite 28
5 AP’s throughout high school
Extensive resume, leadership positions, 2 varsity sports since freshman year, community service, pretty good essay

Any word on when School of Nursing decisions will be out?

@aremom31330 Some applicants to nursing school have already received their acceptance, however as stated by many others the vast majority will receive their acceptances in February.

did anyone hear back today? also, has anyone heard back from the business school???

also, does anyone know if they send them out on february 15th or if they should be arriving on the 15th instead?

@doglover31 if you follow clemson university social media you will see when the tiger brings all the acceptance letters to the post office. Last year I believe it was around feb 10th people had received them by the 15th. Good Luck!

I have to say that so many parents on so many of these schools forums really seem like such nice people who truly wish others the best of luck…just wanted to say how much I have appreciated the positive attitudes and helpfulness that so many have shown! Good luck to everyone too!

Clemson acceptance in early November with a 30 act and 4.8 weighted GPA if your D/S has anything around that I’m sure you will be fine. The acceptance was a huge surprise so early considering that the stats are average for Clemson

I would say those stats are a little above average, especially a 4.8 gpa, which is why you had been accepted in Novermber.

Got accepted to nursing December
SAT: 1310
Weighted GPA: 5.027
Class Rank: 19/560
In state

The hack works btw